Save 15-40% OFF All Plants During Our Summer Sale
The first day of summer officially arrives this Sunday, June 21st, but we can't wait to get ours started. ALL plants are now 15-40% OFF starting
today in Yarmouth and Kennebunk as we kick off our
Whether you want to add instant color with annuals, lasting beauty with perennials and shrubs or accent your yard with a new tree, with have
plenty of amazing plants now available for big savings.
Here are a few highlights of the discounts now available. For a complete list, please
visit our website.
30% OFF ALL Lilacs
Nothing beats the look and fragrance of fresh lilacs in the garden. Save on more than twenty different varieties, including 'Bloomerang', which
will bloom in spring and then AGAIN in mid-summer.
30% OFF Ornamental Crabapple and Fruiting Apple Trees
Whether you're looking for beautiful ornamental flowers or fresh fruit from your backyard, you can save big on these popular trees.
20% OFF ALL Perennials
Sporting a wide variety of blooms, styles and foliage, perennials can turn a good garden into a great one. Choose from hundreds of
different varieties (or have our pros help you out!) and save 20%.
Enjoy these discounts and many more now in Yarmouth and Kennebunk. Visit us today!
Let Us Do the Planting
Take the hassles out of planting trees, shrubs, perennials & more with our
We'll get your plants into the ground and off to a great start, worry-free.
Visit our website to learn more.
How to Design a Low Maintenance Garden
Sustained summer heat will be here soon and the last thing you'll want to be doing is deadheading in the garden. By carefully planning your landscape
you'll be able to create a beautiful, low maintenance garden and avoid these undesirable tasks.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
Understand Your Site
Take some time to observe the area you would like to plant and consider these key condition factors:
Do Your Research
- Sun - Determine how much sun your site will recieve each day. An area is considered full sun if it receives 4-6
hours, part sun is 2-4 hours, and anything under 2 hours is considered shade.
- Moisture - Most plants can thrive in a moist, well drained soil, but most sites aren't that easy. Luckily, there are plants
perfectly suited for very wet or very dry conditions.
- Deer - They may be cute, but deer can devastate plantings (especially in the winter). The best way to fend off hungry deer is
to plant things they prefer not to eat.
- Wind - Many plants are not suited to high wind conditions.
Once you understand your site, begin researching plants that work for your conditions. You can visit our online plant catalog,
ask our staff for plant particulars, or search the web. This could take some time, but can save on costly mistakes and many hours
of maintenance in the future.
Follow a Few Basic Rules
Finally, follow these tips to reduce maintenance time:
By following these basic guidelines, you'll be spending more time enjoying your garden and less time "dealing with it" this summer.
- Plant more shrubs and trees and fewer perennials
- Plant "blocks" of color (multiples of the same plant) instead of a single variety
- Plant site appropriate groundcovers to inhibit weed growth
- Find plants that require little if no pruning, deadheading, or special care
- Plant native plants that are already perfectly suited to our weather
- Amend the soil with organic material
- Mulch to retain moisture and reduce weed growth
Add instant color with big, beautiful annuals and save during our Summer Sale.
NOW 25% OFF
NOW 30% OFF
9" Estabrook's Logo Pot Annuals
NOW 15% OFF
All Other Annuals
NOW 20% OFF
Does Dad have a green thumb? Treat him to an Estabrook's Gift Card for Father's Day this Sunday, June 21st.
Order online or visit one of our
Temperatures are rising! Make sure your plants are getting plenty of water. We recommend 2-3 deep waterings a week even when
From the ultimate garden solution to perfect gifts, you're sure to find something great in our garden emporium!
Dress up your plants with distinctive pottery. Our entire selection is now 25% OFF during our Summer Sale.
Complement your garden with Plant Pickets, handmade garden markers that will stand up to the elements year-round