CASE STUDY FILM: Weaving Tourism into Community: four stories over time (2010)
A powerful classroom tool to help students appreciate how tourism works in community! The film is divided into 4 individual community case studies to enable discussion and use throughout the semester.
In each case community leaders describe the changes, benefits and challenges their communities have experienced from tourism development over nearly two decades. The four communities are Dahlonega, GA, Sandpoint, ID, San Luis, CO and the Villages of Van Buren County, IA.
The case studies stress five core values for tourism development:
1) maintaining authenticity and sense of place;
2) delivering quality service and products;
Award-winner 2012 NACDEP Educational Piece
3) using tourism as a diversification strategy;
4) encouraging local control; and
5) assessing the true benefits and costs of tourism.
DVD format / 65 minutes long Each community case is approximately 15 minutes. Extension Store item # 08662
To View a sample or to order
Price: $24.95 (+S&H)