CASE STUDY FILM: Weaving Tourism into Community: four stories over time (2010)
A powerful view of how tourism really works in community!
Community leaders describe the changes, benefits and challenges their communities have experienced from tourism development over nearly two decades. Communities explored are Dahlonega, GA, Sandpoint, ID, San Luis, CO and the Villages of Van Buren County, IA.
These case studies stress five core values for tourism development:
1) maintaining authenticity and sense of place;
2) delivering quality service and products;
3) using tourism as a diversification strategy;
4) encouraging local control; and
5) assessing the true benefits and costs of tourism.
DVD format / 65 minutes long and divided into segments on each community. Extension Store item # 08662 To View a sample or to order
Price: $24.95 (+S&H)