NEW Film: Weaving Tourism into Community: four stories over time (2010)
A longitudinal case study of four communities--Dahlonega, GA, Sandpoint, ID, San Luis, CO and Villages of Van Buren, IA.
Community leaders describe the changes, benefits and challenges their communities have experienced from tourism development over nearly two decades.
These case studies stress five core values for tourism development:
1) maintaining authenticity and sense of place;
2) delivering quality service and products;
3) using tourism as a diversification strategy;
4) encouraging local control; and
5) assessing the true benefits and costs of tourism.
DVD format / 65 minutes long and divided into segments on each community. Extension Store item # 08662 To View a sample or to order
Price: $24.95 (+S&H)