Lovers, betrayers, secret agents and scoundrels assert that they can read a person’s true thoughts, motives and feelings simply by the look in their eyes. From intrigue and interest, to lust and love, eyes have the power to reveal intense emotion. For centuries, poems and love stories have captured those magical moments when lovers’ eyes meet across a crowded room, and they know, in that instant, that they’ve found “the one.” Pay attention to these four cues and you will better understand:
The Visual Language of Love:
Human beings have an intuitive ability to size up a potential partner in seconds, a skill developed millions of years ago. This visual instinct can be impaired when heavy lids lids (like curtains) impair your view. Whether you are looking for new love or rekindling an old or current flame, these rejuvenating eye treatments will make that “sparkle” in your eyes more visible:
- Furtive Glances. Intermittent but repetitive glimpses in increasing frequency, usually indicate initial romantic interest, but can sometimes mean "you have spinach in your teeth!"
- Lingering Gaze Eye contact that lasts 2 to 3 seconds typically means that the person finds you attractive, but it could also mean "why would anyone wear that sweater?"
- Fluttering Lids Rapid blinking, or fluttering, can commonly act as a romantic invitation and be viewed as coy and flirtatious, although occasionally it might mean "my contact lenses are incredibly dry."
- Dilated Pupils Pupils dilate naturally in dim lighting conditions in response to excitement or arousal. That's why candle-lit dinners are romantic. Then again, pupils can dilate simply because it's dark!
- Topical Remedies - offer a gentle, but effective way to lighten dark circles and reduce puffiness around the eyes. Dr. Yagoda recommends Teamine, Teamine Concealer, Neostrata Eye Cream, and Neocutis MicroEyes Professional powered by MPC.
- Chemical Peels and Lasers - minimize fine lines and wrinkles, tighten and brighten lower lid skin, reduce brown spots and broken capillaries, and give a natural, youthful, glowing complexion.
- Botox and Fillers can temporarily revitalize sad tired looking eyes by erasing crows’ feet lines, lifting the lids and brow, and softening lower lid bags causing the “hollow” look that comes with age.
- Surgery - gently, noticeably and permanently rejuvenates by removing excess skin and bags. Not only will you look more rested and refreshed, but surgery can improve your field of vision, too.
Have you experienced lingering gaze and dilated ______? We'd love to hear about it!
Did You Know? .... that this newsletter is interactive? You can click on any photo and be linked directly to the relevant information on our website. Go ahead! Give it a try!
In the News .... Dr. Yagoda was featured as an expert in March 22, 2016 Thursday Styles Section of The New York Times , in the February 2016 issue of Real Simple , and in the February 27, 2016 beauty supplement in Les Temps Beaute .
Promotion of the Month: Eye on the Prize
Dads? Grads? Brides? Who wants to look refreshed and less tired? Receive 10% OFF off any of the eye treatments listed above, and enjoy saving in the process.
Call our office today at 212.434.1210 to take advantage of our 10% OFF Eye on the Prize promotion!*
* Terms and Conditions.
May not be combined with any other promotion. Taxes and shipping charges may apply. Products and treatment will be determined based on medical appropriateness, and may be denied if not medically safe. Promotion may not be applied retroactively. Limit 2 products per person. All products and treatments must be purchased on or before June 30, 2016 and all procedures and surgeries must be completed within 90 days of purchase.