March: Get Lucky!
For many, March is a month that doesn’t receive a lot of attention. Stuck between winter and spring, the weather is unpredictable, and we all yearn for true warmer temperatures. However, if you are Irish, March is your month! St. Patrick’s Day, breaking up the middle of March, is a celebration of all things Irish: shamrocks, Guinness, leprechauns, and -- most importantly -- luck!
Do you have the luck of the Irish? Did you know that certain facial features are thought to bring luck? The Chinese, who strongly believe in luck, (not the Irish who are apparently born lucky!) have applied a feng shui based analysis of faces in order to assess one’s luck quotient. Studied by Chinese masters trained in the art of facial reading, these features bring (at least according to some!) the good fortune of wealth and happiness:
1. Glowing skin equals deeper pockets: Your skin should have a radiant, glowing appearance – dry and flaky skin means bad luck in money! We know this is hard to maintain in winter. However, glycolic peels and the right skin care products help tremendously, as does eating well and staying hydrated.
2. Moles have meaning: Typically, facial moles are not considered good luck. If you have been thinking of having yours removed, it is a relatively simple procedure that can be done quickly in Dr. Yagoda's office. Moles on the “center line” of the face are thought to be the worst: They are believed to bring lost opportunity!
3. Dark circles bring negative perceptions: Although no one has a perfect face, obvious flaws (like very dark circles) can cause people to alter their perceptions of you. For example they may assume that you feel tired, even when you are well-rested. Luckily, dark circles can be reduced or eliminated using effective treatments such as laser therapy or medium depth peels.
4. Pimples foretell expenses: Pimples apparently have a lot of meaning! If you get one on your nose, you will have a big expense within two weeks. If the pimple is on the side of your nose, your expense will be completely unexpected! Want to try and reduce your expenses? Let Dr. Yagoda help you with your acne problems before they erupt!
5. The nose knows: Your nose can be an indicator of your future financial stability. In Chinese culture, a larger nose is better, but we know that people of other cultures disagree! Overall you must decide if you are happy with your nose. After all, it is the central component of your face.
So, if you weren’t born Irish, and aren’t expecting to find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow this month, you can get lucky in other ways! If you’ve been thinking about seeing Dr. Yagoda for a treatment but haven’t come in yet, try adding financial prosperity and overall happiness as incentives. Then, may the luck of the Irish be with you!
Did You Know? ....that this newsletter is interactive? You can click on any photo and be linked directly to the relevant information on our website. Go ahead! Give it a try!
In The News ... Dr. Yagoda was invited to comment on February 25, 2014 on "Brooklyn Style" facial hair transplants, including mustaches and goatees, on Inside Edition.