According to official estimates:
- Los Cabos Int'l Airport (SJD) Reopen: October 10th
- Power Restored: 3,000+ CFE workers are currently in Cabo and 95% of the power is expected to be restored by Oct 7th
- Water Restored: The supply of potable water has been completely restored
- hone Restored: Completed
- Internet Restored: Completed
- Approximately 5000 hotel rooms in Los Cabos are expected to open by Oct. 15; 7000 by Nov. 15; and 10,000 by Dec. 15
- The cruise ship terminal and marina are undamaged
- Bisbee's Fishing Tournament: On as Scheduled for October 17.
- At this time, 85% of the power in Northern Baja California Sur has been restored, and about 90% of the power in La Paz. The power in Los Cabos is estimated to be overstated in 2 weeks, as power has already been restored to 75% of Los Cabos.
- Telmex has restored telecommunications (telephone, internet) to 100% of the área.
- Most of gas stations are available now.
- Some water has been restored to Cabo - about 70% of normal capacity.
The following restaurants have reopened and have food and drinks available:
- Baja Cantina Marina
- Baja Cantina Medano Beach
- Cabo Blue
- Cabo Cantina
- Cafe Canela
- Captain Tony's
- Don Sanchez
- El Squid Roe
- Giggling Marlin
- J&J Habano
- La Davina
- Los Ajos
- Los Deseos
- Mango Cantina
- Maria Corona
- Nick San Cabo San Lucas
- Romeo & Julieta
- Tacos Gardenias
- Villa Serena
Not all open restaurants may be on this list. These are just the ones we know about. Many other restaurants will remain closed until the tourists return since all of their clientele was tourists
Impact on Your Tours
Hotel Damage & Reopening Updates
Here is the most recent list of the official estimates we have received so far for M&I properties:
* Bahía Hotel and Beach Club
* Best Western Aeropuerto
* Hotel Suites Las Palmas
* Holiday Inn Express Los Cabos
* Quinta Del Sol
* Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa
* Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos Resort
* Villa Del Arco Beach Resort & Spa
* Villa Del Palmar Beach, Resort & Spa
* Villa La Estancia Beach, Resort & Spa
* Wyndham Cabo San Lucas
* Pueblo Bonito Rosé Resort & Spa
* Casa Dorada At Medano Beach
* Montecristo Estates By Pueblo Bonito
* Pueblo Bonito Pacífica Holistic Retreat & Spa
* Riu Palace Los Cabos
* Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa
* Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa
* Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa
* Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa
* The Ridge At Playa Grande
* Solmar Resort
* Los Cabos Golf Resort At Country Club
* Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Resort & Spa
* Hacienda Beach Club And Residences
* Tropicana Inn
* Posada Real Los Cabos
* Riu Santa Fe
* Bel Air Collection Resort & Spa Los Cabos
* Sandos Finisterra
* Royal Solaris Los Cabos
* Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort & Spa
* Barcelo Grand Faro Los Cabos
* Marbella Suites En La Playa
* Esperanza An Auberge Resort
* Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos
* Secrets Marquis Los Cabos
* Secrets Puerto Los Cabos
* Decameron All Inclusive Resort
* Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos
* One & Only Palmilla
* Sirena Del Mar Welk Resorts
* Melia Cabo Real All Inclusive Beach
* Cabo Azul Resort & Spa
* Me By Meliá Cabo
* Hyatt Place Los Cabos
To be advised:
* Capella Pedregal Los Cabos
* Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
* El Ganzo
* El Encanto Inn
* Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos
* Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
* Las Ventanas Al Paraíso
* The Grand Mayan Los Cabos
* The Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos
* Zöetry Casa Del Mar, Suites, Golf & Spa Resort
- Currently, Cabo is not ready for touristic arrivals. There is a lot of work to do. If you have vacation plans during the next few weeks, you will want to contact your hotel and airline and change your dates to at least mid October.
- In October, there will still be work going on in Cabo, but as long as your resort is open for business, there will still be plenty to enjoy. The tourist infrastructure always comes back quicker than the local areas, and Mexico is one of the world's best at this. You will truly be surprised to see how quickly Cabo is restored, given the severity of the hit.
- The beaches, the sunshine, the pool, the food, and the margaritas will all be here.
- The marina is reportedly without structural damage and most boats were unharmed.
Cruise Ship Update
- Carnival Cruise Lines is stated to visit October 4. They have not yet cancelled the date
- All cruises prior to this date have been cancelled and the ships are going to other Mexican ports like Puerto Vallarta instead. All cruises after this date are so far still a go.
Golf Course Update
- Los Cabos Golf Resort reports no damage to the course. Closed for general cleanup but reopening October 12.
- Palmilla Golf Course sustained minimal damage. Still assessing.
- Pueblo Bonito reports that their Golf Course sustained only minimal damage and will reopen on October 1 along with their resorts.
- Questro Golf will be re-opening all three of our golf courses on October 1st! Thankfully the golf courses suffered no damage to the turf areas, and they are in great shape. The only minimal damage on the golf courses were the bunkers, which lost some sand out of them. The damage was not much worse than what happens after a good rainfall. They are working to restore the sand in the bunkers and the process will take some time due to the great number of bunkers they have.
How Else You Can Help
As soon as Cabo is ready to welcome you again, there is perhaps no better way to contribute to the recovery than with your tourist dollars. Every margarita you drink or taco you eat gives a hotel or restaurant worker a job, who then uses that money to buy things at the store, giving the store employee a job and money to spend to buy things at another store, and so on. The impact is felt through this small community in so many ways. Cabo needs you, especially in this already low season.
We hope to see you in October when the resorts and town are ready to host you.