Employers To Keep Adding Jobs in Second Quarter
Canadian employers are likely to keep adding jobs in the second quarter but at a slightly slower pace than in the first quarter, with the highest growth in the transportation and utilities sectors, according to a survey released on March 5th, 2013 from Manpower.
A net 12 % of Canadian employers expect to add jobs
The survey measures the difference between employers who say they will add jobs and those planning to cut positions. 5% of employers surveyed about the second quarter plan cutbacks, the survey of 1,900 Canadian employers revealed. Some 75 % of employers expect to maintain their current staffing levels, and some were unsure.
In the transportation and utilities sectors, a net 22 % of employers expected to add jobs, a 6 % point increase from a year earlier.
Jobs growth overall is expected to be tempered by weakness in the mining and energy sectors, which have been hit by volatile commodity prices. The net employment outlook for the resources sector remained at 8 percent, steady from the previous quarter but a decrease of 13 percentage points from a year earlier, according to the study.
source : www.bnn.ca
"61% of employed workers are open to or are looking for a job."- David Aplin Group
"LinkedIn is the No.1 source of recruiting."
Globe and Mail
"The Canadian population who required computer literacy in their jobs went from around 30% in the late 1980s to more than 90% now." The Toronto Star
"Workers will change jobs six to seven times during their normal working lives."
National Association of Career Colleges
"Professionalism (86%), high energy (78%), and confidence (61%) are the top three traits employers say they are looking for in new hires."- Forbes
3300 Steeles Avenue West Unit #33
57 Mill St. N
Vaughan, ON L4K 2Y4
550 Industrial Drive
Milton, ON L9T 5A6
5800 Ambler Drive
Suite # 210
"If you want employees to perform better, conventional wisdom says to incentive them, "pay for performance"
Here evidence is presented that, for creative people, this can have the opposite effect.
Career analyst Dan Pink examines the puzzle of motivation, starting with a fact that social scientists know but most managers don't: Traditional rewards aren't always as effective as we think. Listen for illuminating stories -- and maybe, a way forward.
Temporary Measures specializes in Temporary, Contract, Temp to Hire and Permanent Placement services. We are a strategic Human Resource Partner providing value-based solutions to our clients.
Areas of expertise include; Office & Professional Staff General Labour, Warehouse & Logistics Staff, Pickers, Packers, Forklift Operators (Raymond Reach, Counterbalance, Order Picker, Scissor Lift), Machine Operators and Shippers and Receivers. Walkie and Pallet Truck Operators, G Class & Delivery Drivers, and more. We also offer sourcing of Technical & Skilled Trades such as CNC Operators, Grinders, Brake & Punch Press Operators, Welders, and Machine Operators.
Additionally, we assist with recruitment of leadership roles such as Lead Hands, Supervisors, Trainers, Operations and Plant Management.
As an extension of our recruitment process, Temporary Measures provides on-site assistance. We are currently utilizing on-site management with several of our key clients. Human Resources professionals are on site to assist with on boarding and the orientation process at the beginning of every shift. The following are a list of Human Resources Services that we feel can be improved with on-site service;
*Training and Development
*Health and Safety
*On the spot feedback
*Constant communication with supervisors/client
Training and Development
Temporary measures is constantly adapting and improving its training and development procedures. On staff we have several certified Fall Arrest, First Aid, and Forklift trainers. Our staff has the ability to modify and tailor training sessions to further meet the organizational needs of our clients. Each training session is run in accordance with CSA, and Lifesaving Society requirements and are valid certifications across Canada. We look to develop the skills and abilities of our associates so they have a better grasp of day to day operations.
At Temporary Measures we have a skilled specialist that handles all screening and placement procedures for forklift operators and skilled positions. We are constantly mining for associates who are experienced and certified. As a result, we have built our database so that we can supply clients with associates that match the job criteria and who will perform effectively on Forklift and skilled labour assignments. We screen for specific skills such as the ability to use RF Scanner, propane handling, experience in cross docking facilities, and operating distribution machinery, just to name a few.
March Snap Shot
Some of our Current Skill Trade Searches
Maintenance Mechanic (Plastic Industry) Brampton, ON
Responsible for the maintenance of all production and plant equipment.Proactively monitor equipment performance and document/fix potential problems.Repair/Dismantle machines using power tools, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.Repair industrial extruders, hoppers, etc. Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a licensed millwright in related industrial maintenance
- Electrical knowledge a MUST
- Plastic industry background would be an asset
- Completion of a post-secondary program is required
- Must have your own tools
We are currently seeking individuals to work in the Vaughan, Brampton, North York and Etobicoke region. Our clients are looking for experienced forklift operators. Any additional experience in a cross docking facility or inventory control may be considered an asset. Candidates should have a strong affiliation with safe job performance in accordance with the Health and Safety Act.
Shift: 7:00am-3:30pm, 3:30pm- 11:00am, 11:00pm- 7:00am
- The appropriate candidate must have a minimum of 3 months experience operating a forklift in a manufacturing or distribution.
- Require a valid up to date forklift certification for Reach, Counter Balance, or Order Picker machine.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills in English.
Brake Press Operator
We are currently seeking individuals to work in the Vaughan, Brampton, North York and Etobicoke region. Our clients are looking for experienced Brake Press Operator. Candidates should have a strong affiliation with safe job performance in accordance with the Health and Safety Act.
Shift: 7:00am-3:30pm, 3:30pm- 11:00am, 11:00pm- 7:00am
- Prior experience programming and operating a brake press machine in a fast paced work environment.
- Candidate should have experience operating machinery with a variety of different metals.
- Must have above average computer skills and good oral and written English communication skills.
- Candidate must have the ability to read and comprehend blueprints associated with the job assignment.
Some of our Top Skill Trade Candidates
Raymond X. - Mechanical Engineer (Quality Inspector)
- 8 years experience in the design, fabrication, inspection and testing of pressure vessel and piping system
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in welding technique, heat treatment and quality inspection
- Working ability in codes ASME II, VIII Div 1, B31.3/CSA B51/ API 650), regulations and industry practices (EIT of PEO)
- Proficient in stress and failure analysis, plus 2 years' teaching assistant experience in the courses of Stress Analysis and Materials Science and Engineering
- Solid computer skills in AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Mechanically inclined associate that has operated a variety of industrial machines.
- More than a decade of experience in a variety of industries
- Has worked in some of Temporary Measures key accounts including high end furniture manufacturing, tier one automotive and logistics as an order picker operator.
- Over 10 years experience in the general labour - heavy lifting, assembly, shipping & receiving.
- Forklift certified on Counterbalance
- Mechanical Inclined.
- Hard worker; Receive positive feedback from all clients.
- Great personality, easy going, extroverted & good communication.