Employment in Canada was up again in May, adding 33,000 full time jobs for an overall gain of 22,000 new jobs. A drop in job seekers means that the unemployment numbers have now improved from 7.6% in May to 7.4% in June. Canada has added 273,000 jobs in the last twelve months.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our George Brown/Sheridan Coop
Students from this past term
You are going to be great HR Leaders in the future!
We would like to like welcome our new co-op student from Georgian College for this term
Quotes of the Month:
"Business, more than any other occupation, is a continual dealing with the future; it is a continual calculation, an instinctive exercise in foresight."
Henry R. Luce
"Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best."
Theodore Isaac Rubin
"The important thing is not being afraid to take a chance. Remember, the greatest failure is to not try. Once you find something you love to do, be the best at doing it."
WSIB Premium Rates for 2012
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) premium rates for all employer rate groups will increase by two per cent on January 1, 2012. This increase, previously announced after consultations with stakeholders in September 2010, will contribute to the long-term financial stability of Ontario's workplace insurance system.
The average premium rate has not been raised in four of the past seven years, with only modest increases in the others. The 2012 average premium rate will be $2.40 per $100 of insurable earnings, an increase from $2.35 in 2011. The 2012 average rate is still well below the $3.00 employers were paying in the mid-'90s.
For their tax-deductible WSIB premiums, employers receive a range of resources, tools and programs to promote work reintegration and workplace health and safety. Employers who have effective health-and-safety and work-reintegration programs can take advantage of financial incentives to lower their workplace insurance costs.
Ontario's Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) plays a key role in the province's workplace health and safety system. The WSIB administers no-fault workplace insurance for employers and their workers and is committed to the elimination of workplace injuries and illnesses. The WSIB provides disability benefits, monitors the quality of healthcare, and assists in early and safe return to work for workers who are injured on the job or contract an occupational disease.
Adding to your team in 2011? Here are just a few of the outstanding candidates we're representing. Contact us for more details.
Marketing Manager (Candidate 134732)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. Post-graduate Diploma in Marketing . Marketing Management Certificate and Practical Product Marketing Certificate.
- Over 10+ years experience in variety of Marketing Roles, including Management and Consulting.
- Variety of industries; Event Marketing, Medical, Ecommerce
- Exceptional project management, public relations and communication skills; Looking for a challenge within a position that is able to utilize candidates creativity and leadership skills.
- Ready to contribute to your plans for 2011! Salary expectations $80,000+
Industrial Engineer (Candidate 134665)
- B.Sc Industrial Engineering, Lean -Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate (ASQ), Canadian Council of Professional Engineer (CCPE) and Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO) - In progress.
- 12 years experience in automotive and manufacturing companies.
- Extensive experience in Production Planning, Time and Motion study, Lean Manufacturing, Process Controlling, Analysis of Production Activities, Statistical Studies, Process Improvements, Cost cutting, Statistical Quality Control and Working Force Distribution.
- Ready to contribute to your plans for 2011! Salary expectations $70,000+
Executive Assistant (Candidate 134817)
- Office Administration diploma
- 15+ years in office administration, serving the past 11 as an EA to Members of Parliament. Working experience in Government, public and private settings.
- Has well -versed exposure to the administrative function and extensive communication.
- Ready to contribute to your plans for 2011! Salary expectations $55,000+
SeniorProject Manager (Candidate 134864)
- Bachelors in Administrative Studies, Bachelor of Arts, Six Sigma-Black Belt
- 12 years' financial services expertise experience
- Development of Special Projects- Activity based costing methodologies, Operations management, Cost Controls and Efficiency Planning.
- Extremely conscientious and detailed oriented. Valuable leadership, analytical and technical skills.
- Ready to contribute to your plans for 2011! Salary expectations $85,000+
New to Our Team
Linda Brassard-Linda has been working at Access Careers since April 2011. She works as our HR Specialist and currently conducts our Health and Safety programs as well as our Outplacement & Career Transition program, assisting candidates with their future career goals. She has over 10 years experience in HR working mainly in the manufacturing sector, gaining experience in recruiting, labour relations, HR Administration and Health and Safety. Her knowledge gained over the years has given our company a great advantage in helping our clients and succeeding in our future projects goals.
Stephanie McIntosh- Stephanie joined the Access Career Solutions team in May 2011 as a Recruitment Specialist. Stephanie graduated with a Diploma in Business-Human Resource at Sheridan College and has also completed certificates in Human Resource Management, Leadership, Management and Computer Systems. Prior coming to Access, Stephanie held an administration role where she gained valuable business knowledge. Stephanie loves to strive to help others and has done variety of permanent placements for us, in numerous industries, over the past few months with great success. firstname.lastname@example.org