FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Tara Ballesteros
WNEU Telemundo Boston is the Number One Spanish-Language Station in Primetime
Boston, MA - WNEU Telemundo Boston is the most watched Spanish-language broadcast station in Boston during primetime (7pm-11pm), as reflected in Nielsen's most recent survey, commanding more than half of the audience in the coveted adults 18-49 demo. The 9pm novela La Patrona has a 57% Spanish share followed by a powerful performance at 10pm with El Rostro de la Venganza, receiving over two-thirds of the Spanish-TV viewing. The station's audience increased significantly, growing 38% from the same time last year and by 13% in primetime in just the last month.
"WNEU's growth in primetime is validation of Telemundo's blockbuster programming and the station's innovative local initiatives. Hispanic viewers in Boston have responded and we are proud to serve them," commented Michael Gillespie, Senior Vice President of Telemundo New England. "Our results speak for themselves and we look forward to leveraging our impressive success with our advertising partners."
Caso Cerrado, the popular court TV show with Dra. Ana María Polo, dominates Spanish-language TV with more than half the viewing in separate time-periods. Lo Mejor de Caso Cerrado (the Best of Caso Cerrado) accounts for 75% of the audience at 3pm followed by Caso Cerrado with over half the audience at 4pm.
Building on the positive audience share trend, Telemundo Boston experienced other notable ratings highlights including:
- Increased daytime share of the audience by 39% since February of last year. The morning show Un Nuevo Día is now tied for number one in Spanish-language TV.
- Year-over-year growth in early fringe (3-6pm) among adults 18-34 with a 29% increase.
- Caso Cerrado Edición Estelar experienced 33% growth with adults 18-34 at 7pm.
- The novela, Pasión Prohibida at 8pm, outperforms the competition with the majority of the audience among adults 25-54.
- Al Rojo Vivo: Edición Nocturna is number one at 11pm with 62% of Spanish viewing.
Telemundo Boston has steadily increased its primetime share overtaking the competition for the number one spot among several key demos. The station continues to be the preferred choice for Hispanic viewers in Boston's growing Hispanic market.
Source: Nielsen NSI, February 2013. Based on adults 18-49 unless otherwise noted.