A Message from PTA President Dennis Johnson
Greetings, now that spring break is upon us, it is time to think about next year. Nominations for the 2014-15 PTA Board are being accepted through March 25, with self nominations encouraged.
Please click here for the nomination form.
Our next General PTA meeting is Friday April 11 at 9:30 a.m. in the cafeteria, where we will vote on next year's board and budget among other business.
I hope to see you there!
A Garage sale benefiting the Senior Celebration will be March 29th. Please donate any items - especially "big ticket" items such as furniture for this event!! (please limit clothing to jeans or school uniforms).We will pickup your items, please contact Kim Barber at firstname.lastname@example.org or Susan Pels at email@example.com to arrange pickup. Thanks!
Click here for registration form
Click here to register online
Panthers for Pets
Paschal Panthers for Pets is organizing an item collection the week of March 24:
- March 25 newspapers
- March 26 pennies (we will have students coming to your rooms and collect coins... we have done this before and we were able to collect lots of $)
- March 27 gently used towels/blankets
- March 28 dog and cat food, treats, toys, leashes, bowls, beds, puppy pads, cleaning supplies
All the items can be left in the front foyer (or room 202 if you want to contribute now) with Mrs. Parker. Because we dream big, we are trying to help four organizations this time: Fort Worth Animal Shelter, The Humane Society, Apollo Support and REscue Group, and Don't forget to feed me.
We will also have a pet adoption here at PHS on April 12, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Thank you for your support. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Marchi in room 202.
PHS National Honor Society
NHS has a few more activities before we wrap up with the class of 2014. Members need to turn in documentation for at least 18 service hours by April 7 and need to complete at least 6 chapter activities listed below by the beginning of April.
1. Bringing school supplies to help students in need - we've been asked to provide pens, pencils, and paper for the Willing and Able Program's Care Closet. Please bring these to Mrs. Andrews-Cox in room 212. Three packs of pens or three packs of pencils or three packs of paper equals 1 service hour and 1 chapter activity. You may bring more supplies in - up to a count of 3 hours and 3 activities.
2. Posting signs for the March 28 meeting - signs will be available to be picked up in room 203 on Wednesday, March 19. This counts as service time and a chapter activity.
3. Attending the March 28 meeting - room 203, 8:10 a.m. or 3:40 p.m. or stop by during period 7 for signing in and debriefing. (chapter activity)
4. Helping with the Senior Celebration garage sale March 29 - this counts as service hours - check with Ken Wright for more information.
5. Stole sorting - TBA - early April - sorting out graduation stoles for laundering - service time and chapter activity
6. After school tutoring Monday thru Thursday, room 227, 3:45-5:45 p.m. - each session of tutoring counts as service hours and as a chapter activity - please contact Ken Wright if interested.
March 10 - 14:
FWISD College Experience @ Dunbar High School
Cheerleader Physical Forms Due
Orchestra & Mariachi UIL Solo and Ensemble Contest
Rosemont Middle School
FWISD College Experience @ Carter-Riverside High School
PHS PTA Scholarships
Each year the PTA awards several $1,000 achievement and need-based scholarships to our PHS students. This is possible due to the loving support of our Paschal families.
Donations to the Scholarship fund will be accepted through April 15 and can be made at
or by mailing a check to:
PTA Scholarship Chair
3233 Westcliff Rd W
Ft Worth, TX 76109
The more money raised, the more scholarships we are able to provide to our bright and promising PHS Panthers! Thanks for your support!
Read all about it
for the latest issue of the Paschal High School newsletter the Pantherette.
Paschal Visual Arts Wins BIG at Region VASE!
Paschal art students competed Saturday at Timberview High School for the Region VASE Art Competition. They were required to have a one on one interview with a judge as part of their overall score.We received 75 superior scores of "4" and are sending 5 students to the State competition in April.
Please congratulate Abbey Jackson, Madeleine Russell, Chloe Laxton, Frederick Gorski (2 pieces) and
Kajal Dalal (2 pieces).
Madeleine Russell Places at Fort Worth Country Day Black and White Photo Contest.
Madeleine represented Paschal very well with her beautiful photograph. Congratulations!