Important Information from Advanced Academics
PSAT: The PSAT will be given to all 9th-11th grade students on Wednesday, Oct. 17. Please remind your student(s) to bring pencils and a calculator.
PSAT Junior Reviews: There are two evening reviews remaining. The content is different each session. The reviews are free and are intended for juniors. We strongly encourage juniors to make a final push and attend both evenings to prepare for the PSAT. The dates are: Wed., Oct. 10, and Mon., Oct. 15. The time is 6-8 p.m. in room 151.
Date Register by Date Late Registration Date
Nov. 3, 2012 Oct. 4, 2012 Oct. 19, 2012
Dec. 1, 2012 Nov. 1, 2012 Nov. 16, 2012
Jan. 26, 2013 Dec. 28, 2012 Jan. 11, 2013
March 9, 2013 Feb. 8, 2013 Feb. 22, 2013
May 4, 2013 April 5, 2013 April 19, 2013
June 1, 2013 May 2, 2013 May 17, 2013
SAT Fee: $50 regular registration
Subject Test Fee: $23 (per registration)
Language & Listening Tests: + $23
All Other Subject Tests: + $12
Late Fee: $27
* All of the dates except March 9 are offered at Paschal (they are given at many locations). The time is from 7:45 a.m. until 1 p.m. The test starts at 8:30 a.m. but the check-in takes from 7:45 until then, and the check in is very strict.
Superintendent's Scholars Ceremony: Nov. 5 at the Fort Worth Hilton, 815 Main Street. Reception begins at 6 p.m. Ceremony follows at 7 p.m. Recipients will be notified via invitation in the mail.
Academic Sweatshirt Ceremony: Dec. 13 at the Fort Worth Convention Center, 1201 Houston Street, upper lobby ballroom. Reception begins at 6 p.m. and ceremony at 7 p.m. Recipients will be notified by invitation via the mail.
8th Grade Round Up: Monday, Dec. 17: Prospective 8th grade students and families are invited to join us for an informative and fun evening at Paschal. Program begins at 6 p.m. in the Ralph Miller Auditorium.
Entries Sought! Deadline Nov. 15
Paschal PTA is seeking entries for the National PTA Reflections Art Contest. The theme this year is "The Magic of a Moment". New pieces of artwork inspired by the theme may be submitted by students by the Nov. 15 deadline.
There are six arts categories: dance choreography, film production, literature, musical composition, photography and visual arts. Please see Victoria Peloubet in Room 238 or contact Deborah Killian (817-789-2735, firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details. The registration form is here
- Deadline today, Oct. 9, for Dinner at Joe T's on Sun., Oct. 14! Cost is $20 per person (check or cash at the door) and there will be a cash bar. Please RSVP to email@example.com
- Parents of Seniors: If you are NOT receiving the special Senior class emails, please email Betsy Barbre at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be added to the list. THANK YOU!
- If you would like to place a senior ad in the 2013 panther yearbook the due date is Nov. 16. All ads must be turned in to room 229. A letter was mailed to all senior parents detailing prices and guidelines for ads. Please email Crissa Sigl, yearbook advisor, at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Also, don't forget to call Glamourcraft at 817-292-8989 to schedule an appointment to have your senior photographed to be in the senior section of the 2013 Paschal yearbook. The deadline to be photographed is Friday, Dec. 7, to ensure being pictured in the senior section. Call today because appointment times are filling up fast!
Yearbook Order Forms Coming Soon!
Be on the lookout for your Jostens 2013 yearbook order form in the mail! If you don't receive one, just go to www.jostens.com to place your order online today, it's so easy! If you have any questions, email Crissa Sigl, yearbook advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Update from the Rascal's Spirit Store
Hoodies and fleecewear have been ordered! Students, be sure and listen for announcements for arrival, and you can pick them up on Wednesdays at the Spirit Store during lunch hours. We will periodically place orders throughout the coming months so come check with us if you missed this round (pre-orders only).
A special thank you to Aaron Gee's grandmother, Barbara Gee! Aaron is a freshman football player and his grandmother was kind enough to donate lots of purple earrings to our store! Come check us out, girls!!
New items arriving soon and we will be at the Band Gift Market again this year so please support our PTA Spirit Store!!
Cares & Concerns
There is a Cares & Concerns position on Paschal's PTA board filled by Sheri Wickman. The purpose of the position is so PTA can help the Paschal Community by encouraging and supporting one another during difficult times. If you have a "care or concern," there is a purple Paschal Family Cares & Concerns box in the school office. Please let us know of any Cares & Concerns that PTA can provide. Slips of paper will be with the box for you to fill out. Thank you for allowing PTA to love on you and our students! You can also reach Sheri Wickman, Paschal PTA - Cares & Concerns, at email@example.com or 817-691-6958.
Congrats to our Swimmers
Paschal swimmers dominated the FWISD Championships, taking first in all 16 events. Top finishers include: Summer Campbell, Kyle Verdeyen, Sebastian Campbell, Shannon Calhoun, Liam Neville and Caroline Adair. The swimmers will next compete in Mansfield on Oct. 13.