"Lent and 40 Days of Transformation"
This Wednesday, February 10, 2016 is "Ash Wednesday" and it marks the beginning of Lent. Lent, as you know, is a special forty-day season of preparation for Easter. It is during this time that we acknowledge our sinful nature, seek divine forgiveness, and reaffirm our covenant to walk humbly with God and justly with our neighbors.
This year, as part of our Lenten observance, we will undertake a special journey called "40 Days of Transformation." 40 Days of Transformation is a spiritual growth campaign designed to get us to walk more closely with Jesus. During the journey, we will study the "Disciples Cross" and learn six core elements of transformational discipleship:
1) Spending Time with the Master
2) Living in God's Word
3) Praying in Faith
4) Fellowshipping with Other Believers
5) Witnessing to the World
6) Ministering to Others
Special Activities during the 40 Days of Transformation include:
- An Ash Wed. Service (Wed. Feb. 10 - 7PM)
- Small Group Sessions
- Daily teachings, reflections and communications
- 24/7 Prayer Vigil (Feb. 28 - March 5)
- A Bible Trivia Contest (Feb. 21 Kick-Off; Contest TBA)
- A Ministry Fair (Sunday, March 20)
- City-wide Maundy Thursday Service (March 24)
- Resurrection Sunday (March 27)
During the 40 Days of Transformation we're asking every member of our church family to take a discipleship assessment, to pray with a prayer partner and to commit to keeping a daily prayer journal. I'm excited about how the Lord will move in our midst during our season of transformation and pray that you are as well!