Dear CNP Action, Inc. Constituent,
CNP Action, Inc. hosted its February "Call to Action" featuring Congressman Tim Huelskamp (KS-1) today who discussed several of the nation's most pressing issues including the looming sequestration, the importance of addressing social issues, and securing the nation's borders. Thanks to those who participated asked questions. For those who were unable to participate, below is a list of specific actions YOU should take to help advance conservative principles.
President Obama has been using scare tactics regarding the budget cuts that will take place on March 1, 2013, saying the cuts will be detrimental to the military, first responders, and the economy. The truth is that government has a spending problem. These budget cuts serve as an important mechanism to curtail spending, and conservatives must continue to encourage members of Congress to uphold them. While conservatives may be divided on where these cuts should take place, all conservatives believe that the growth of government must be stopped. Please call your Congressman and Senators and tell them that the future of America depends on controlling spending and practicing discipline with taxpayer dollars. Encourage them to uphold the bi-partisan Super Committee decision to cut federal spending.
Another immediate action for CNP Action, Inc. constituents to take is to remind conservative members of Congress that social issues should not be ignored but amplified. While the President has officially stated opposition to the Defense of Marriage Act and his intent not to uphold the law, conservatives know that the strongest foundation in America is the family. Now more than ever, conservatives across America must encourage our members of Congress to support traditional family values and lead with pro-life, pro-family, and pro-traditional marriage legislation and advocacy. Tell your member of Congress that shying away from social issues is a losing strategy and encourage them to be more vocal about supporting conservative family principles.
Perhaps the timeliest issue facing our nation today is immigration reform. Even though there is significant talk about the details of comprehensive immigration reform, one aspect that can unite conservatives is the need to secure our borders. The non-negotiable term of any immigration reform talks must be the method to secure the boarders. Contact your Senators and Congressman and tell them that securing the nation's borders must be the first step in immigration reform.
- Contact your Congressman and Senators and tell them to uphold the budget cuts set to take place on March 1, 2013.
- Read the most recent "Memo for the Movement" from the Conservative Action Project to learn more about the importance of upholding the cuts.
- Contact your Congressman and Senators and remind them that conservatives support traditional family values and not to shy away from the social issues.
- Contact you Congressman and Senators and encourage them to support a measure to secure our borders and any immigration discussion without securing the border is a non-starter.
- Call Congressman Tim Huelskamp (KS-1), identify yourself as a CNP Action, Inc. constituent, (202) 225-2715 and thank him for representing conservative principles.