FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT
Dana Murphy-Love, CAE
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF PARALEGAL ASSOCIATIONS (NFPA®) ANNOUNCES ANNUAL CONVENTION IN HARTFORD
Edmonds, WA - August 8, 2013 - The National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. ("NFPA") is pleased to announce further details of the upcoming Annual Convention in Hartford, CT on October 3rd through the 6th.
The benefits of attending the NFPA Annual Convention include personal connections with fellow paralegal professionals, networking opportunities with legal vendors, continuing legal education courses, and pure inspiration from fellow Convention attendees.
The Convention's Keynote Luncheon Presentation will feature of a panel of four paralegals speaking on Career Transitioning into Non-Traditional / Alternative Roles. Speakers include:
- Susan Beaudin - Assistant Vice President of Law Administration, Operations and Technology at Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company
- Maria Fazzino - Director of Human Resources Compliance at The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
- Tamara Bross - Director of Corporate Business Development at Stanley Black & Decker
- Robert Karr - Contracts Manager at UTC Climate Controls & Security Corporation
This year the Convention is offering sixteen education sessions for attendees with a CLE credit value of 1.25 credit hours each. The sessions include the topics of:
- 2010 UCC Article 9 Amendments
- Evidence & Expert Testimony
- Federal Estate Tax Planning
- Legal Issues Surrounding Cloud Computing
- Internet Research Skills
- Ethics in E-discovery
- Medicare Set-Asides and Special Needs Trusts
- Social Networking
- Special Purpose Entities
- Legal Research on the Web
- Ethics & Privileges Issues
- Legal Writing and Communication Skills
- Corporate Transaction Duel Diligence Process
- Trial Preparation
- Time Management
- Title Insurance Claims
The 2013 Pro Bono Conference held in conjunction with NFPA's Annual Convention will include presentations by paralegals working on pro bono projects across the country, as well as information on how to start or enhance your association's pro bono efforts.
This year's Convention charity will be Billings Forge which has turned a formerly notorious Hartford neighborhood into a nurturing environment. They host job training, art classes, sewing classes and a community garden, and offer safe apartment living for residents. Billings Forge opened a fantastic farm-to-table gourmet restaurant, the Firebox, which also helps support the neighborhood and employs local residents. Billings Forge offers opportunities to economically challenged families and helps them down the path to self-sufficient, healthy living.
NFPA is a non-profit professional organization representing more than 9,000 paralegals and is headquartered in Edmonds, WA. NFPA's core purpose is the advancement of the paralegal profession. NFPA promotes a global presence for the paralegal profession and leadership in the legal community.
NFPA - The Leader of the Paralegal Profession®
NFPA, NFPA - The Leader of the Paralegal Profession, PACE and RP are registered trademarks of the National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc.