A Huge, Warm Welcome and Happy Independence Day to You!
It's one exciting Birthday Bash after another here this month! In addition to celebrating America's 239th, my son turns 19, Synergy Life and Wellness Coaching LLC turns 7, and the Synergy Success circle turns 6! I'm so grateful to have crossed paths with you in the process of building my business, and am both humbled and honored to experience the Freedom of doing what fulfills me every day.
We are blessed to live at a time and in a country where our choices are virtually limitless--Each of us has been given the right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of happiness. And yet many women tell me that they feel trapped in circumstances where it seems their choices are very limited, or their voices are going unheard.
My mentors teach that Courage + Self-Discipline = Freedom, and rather than a final destination, it's an on-going journey of spurts, dips, and spirals.
Here are 6 Steps to Self-Leadership that I take time and time again, that have a major impact on my sense of personal freedom.
1. Decide--Everything that happens to us starts with a choice. With Freedom comes full responsibility to lead yourself and create a life by design, not by default. Choose to be the C.E.O. of Y.O.U. and create Balanced (not Toxic) Success! What core values will you choose to guide your thoughts, feelings, and actions?
2. Intend--Set a clear intention based on what having more freedom means to you. Perhaps it's being released from self-criticism, unwanted influences (like alcohol, food or drug addiction), work that doesn't fulfill you, financial struggle, fear of criticism, chronic pain, or dysfunctional family dynamics. Maybe you declare "enough is enough" and start speaking to be heard, even if you're the only one listening.
3. Attend-- Give your goal the attention it deserves. and put inspired action behind what you say you want. First, grab your journal and write down everything that holds you back or ties you down. Your path will become clear. Armed with a plan, you can confidently schedule that tough conversation, ask for support from trusted friends and family, chop up that credit card, find your tribe of like-minded women, or sign up for the classes that your new direction requires.
4. Persist--Yes, this is where self-discipline comes in. (If you're anything like me, you just cringed a little. It still comes fully equipped with a paddle and feels a lot like punishment.) So look at discipline this way: Consistent small steps create amazing breakthroughs over time. It means staying committed to take actions based on your definition of freedom even when you don't feel like it. (It's so easy to take action based on our emotional reaction in the moment, isn't it?) Discipline means that we are creating our life instead of just reacting to it.
5. Deviate--Setbacks are a natural part of comebacks. Of course there will be times you veer off course, but instead of beating yourself up, or giving up altogether, you love yourself back on track.
6. Re-Decide--Start Over! (It's a spiral, remember?)
As you go about your Holiday weekend, I challenge you to think more about what Freedom means to you. I've created a special gift for YOU in honor of our tribe called "The Synergy Success Manifesto!"
Coach Challenge: How about writing your own Manifesto, or "Personal Declaration of Independence?"
- man*i*fes*to - a public declaration of intentions, opinions, or purposes.
- declaration - a statement that is emphatic and explicit, either spoken or written.
Please hit reply to share your #1 take-away or what actions this has inspired you to take!
Our next Synergy Success Circles are July 8th and 9th.
Until we cross paths again, here's wishing you spirited fun with those you love
and the brightest of fireworks!
Christina Kunkle, CTA Certified Life & Wellness Coach, R.N.
Master Reiki Practitioner, EFT Advocate
Would you like to know more about how to plug into
the positive energy in our community of awesome women?
Please reach out to me and schedule a 1:1 complimentary
"Get to Know You" call.
p.s. **Date Change** - Synergy Success Circles will be
the 1st week of AUGUST (5th and 6th) not the 2nd week (12th & 13th).