4 medium cloves garlic, pressed
1 lb medium-sized cooked shrimp, best bought still frozen
1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces, discarding bottom fourth
3 TBS vegetable broth
1 fresh tomato, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
3 TBS chopped fresh parsley (or 3 tsp dried parsley if fresh not available)
Small head of romaine lettuce, chopped
*optional 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
3 TBS fresh lemon juice
2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
1 TBS Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
1. Press garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out its hidden health benefits.
2. Make sure shrimp is completely thawed and patted dry with a paper towel, or it will dilute the flavor of the salad.
3. Add broth to medium skillet and after it has heated up, sauté asparagus for 5 minutes.
4. Whisk together lemon, oil, mustard, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Toss shrimp, asparagus, parsley, and tomato with dressing and herbs. Allow shrimp salad to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
5. Discard outer leaves of lettuce head, rinse, dry, and chop. Serve shrimp mixture on bed of lettuce and top with crumbled goat cheese, if desired.