Peter Drucker was called, by BusinessWeek, "the most enduring management thinker of our time." In a Harvard Business Review article "What Makes an Effective Executive?" Drucker said that as different as effective leaders may be, they all follow 8 practices:
1. Focus on opportunities rather than problems.
2. Run productive meetings.
3. Think "we" rather than "I."
4. Take responsibility for decisions.
5. Develop action plans.
6. Ask "What needs to be done?"
7. Ask "What is right for the enterprise?"
8. Take responsibility for communicating - listen first.
Rate yourself in each category from 1 to 10. See any areas for improvements?t
~ Adapted with permission from original source: Elaine Gagne, Engaging Change