|Don't Trash Nevada Raises Environmental Awareness with its Social Media Team
Don't Trash Nevada is using social media to engage youth in environmental stewardship. Don't Trash Nevada is the outreach and advertising campaign of the Take Pride in America in Southern Nevada project, which is managed by the Public Lands Institute on behalf of the four federal land management agencies.
Be a Rebel
The UNLV Alumni Association has created a new Affiliate Membership for individuals who have completed one or more continuing education or lifelong learning courses through the Division of Educational Outreach. This allows you to have more campus involvement and access to many benefits.
Some of the most rewarding benefits of an alumni association membership include the intangibles, such as networking. However, rewards also include a range of benefits from entertainment and dining discounts to insurance and travel deals.
Popular benefits include:
- 20% off select continuing education courses
- Career assistance
- Invitations to special events both on and off campus
The cost for this Affiliate Membership is $50 for a single or $90 for a joint membership.
Won't you join us? http://edoutreach.unlv.edu/alumni
DEO Points of Pride
We welcome several new staff members to the Division of Educational Outreach.
- Norman Kunselman is Program Coordinator for professional development in the Office of Continuing Education. Norm comes to UNLV from the Twin Cities, where he was the adult community education coordinator for School District 191 in Burnsville, Minnesota.
- Tiffany Brazier is Lead Supervisor for the Cannon Survey Center. A certified professional life coach, Tiffany is also pursuing a bachelor's degree at UNLV.
- Michelle (Micki) Lutao, Joseph Matter, and Andrew Doran are student assistants in Continuing Education and Client & Division Services, respectively.