Reshoring or Onshoring....the movement has been gathering steam lately as costs rise in doing business overseas. Not only will your company benefit, but the country as a whole will too! Let's take a look at 5 compelling reasons to act now!
- Improve quality and consistency
- Prices often as low if not lower here domestically
- Maintain lower inventories and save money with JIT or Kanban systems
- Brings jobs back to the US
- Be part of the modern day manufacturing BOOM or be left behind!
Let's talk about bringing your parts back to the USA now!
Tim (email@example.com ) and Sarina (firstname.lastname@example.org ) are waiting for your call!
April 2012 Boston Consultantancy Group survey reports: "100 manufacturing companies surveyed, 37% planning to reshore back to the US or 'actively considering it.'"
MIT study's author Simchi Levi reports of just under 200 companies surveyed, 33% are considering reshoring and 13% of respondents confirmed moving operations back here.
Steve Metz co-founder of Zee Vee Inc., a Littleton, Massachusetts manufacturer of digital video distribution products says, "it worked for a while, then we discovered a lot of hidden costs."