This is the month that I remember back to elementary school, when I would decorate the paper bag and tape it to my desk in preparation for it to be filled with little valentine cards from my classmates.
Each little card meant that someone was thoughtful enough to remember me and it was such a nice feeling.
The motivation to decorate the bag was abundantly clear - once done it could be filled with love. Now that I'm a little bit older, the motivation for completing a task isn't always as clear. In this edition of the Organized Lifestyle Magazine, we'll explore what might motivate you to (re)organize an area of your life.
At the end of the day, you may not get a cupid card from a classmate. But we can almost guarantee you that you'll feel a little more love for yourself.
There are so many areas of a home that could be more organized. Even as a professional organizer, I need to decide which area will get tweaked and what my motivation is for choosing that specific area.
Below we've listed a few common areas to get you thinking about your home and what the motivation might be to choose that area.
- The Kitchen
- You want to eat a healthier diet
- You find cooking is easier when you know what you have
- You can save money by cooking more meals at home
- The Closets
- You want to know where to find your clothes and accessories
- You want to put on clothes that have no wrinkles
- You want to look good on casual Fridays
- Your Home as Your Sanctuary
- You want to feel calm and happy coming home at the end of the day
Can you say "I love my garage" or "I'm comfortable because I know where everything is in my garage/storage area"?
Maybe your motivation is to save money which means you will need to clear out your storage unit.
I want to organize __________ area of my home and my motivation is:
More about home organizing.
|Your Money Maker
When you think about your office, wherever that may be, does the organizational structure of this space truly support your workstyle. If not, ask yourself what is your motivation for making it better.
- Administrative work
- Some love it and some don't. But being organized can reduce the overall time spent on admin duties and give you more time for other things
- Safe place to catch all
- Do you have a place in your office, a system that you trust, to put incoming papers, notes and documents until you process them
- Your email, your calendar and your tasks
- You'd like to be in control of these activities
- You'd like to feel that you can achieve your 2013 goals
This motivates me to organize my office:
Read about organizing your office.
480 minutes in an 8-hour work day
What motivates you to take control of 'time' in your life?
- To spend time being creative
- To take up painting
- To sleep more hours or more calmly
- To feel calmer during the day
- To work more effectively
- To go skiing
- To run your business more smoothly
- To fulfill your responsibilities
I am motivated to take control of 'time' in my life because:
Read more about organizing time.
What makes your heart skip a beat (in a good way)?
Our spirit is who we are and what makes us happy. When there are 'things' weighing us down, it's hard to laugh from the belly and it's also hard to be truthfully present in what we do each day.
Ask yourself how would achieving the level of organization you want affect your spirit. Would you be happier, walk more lightly, laugh more easily, be less stressed?
The following two statements describe how I will feel by achieving my personal organizational objectives.
Follow us on Facebook for daily tidbits of inspiration and motivation
Can our Professional Organizing Services help you?
You might contact us for Office Support if you:
- would like to be more productive
- want to optimize your calendar
- know that there is a better way to get the job done
- are a team leader or business owner
- want to accomplish more each day - more easily
You might contact us for Individual or Team Training if you or a team member:
You may contact us for Household Support if you:
- would like to sort, organize and create systems for your home
- struggle with the amount of paper in your home
- have downsized a parent and ended up with more stuff than when you started
- know what you want to organize and simply need a Professional Organizer to to help you get it all done
Clear the Closets for a Great Cause
kAos Group is proud to announce that we will be collecting gently used suits, dresses and accessories for young men and women.
New Circles hosts a
Prom Boutique where local students can select formal dresses, accessories and shoes for their upcoming prom at no cost. This program ensures that the financial costs of purchasing these items, does not inhibit students from attending a milestone event.
Founder of kAos Group
What is kAos Group?
kAos Group is a Professional Organizing company. We work closely with clients to help identify inefficiencies - the clutter and disorganization that prevent professional and personal growth - and help clients streamline their business and personal lives to reduce stress, increase profits, increase productivity and save money.
Wondering if there is construction on your route
Are you looking to buy a home but not sure how you'll be able to? Call Janet McCuaig
Need help figuring out the total boxes and supplies you'll need? The Moving Store
|Alternatively, click here to listen to the pod casts