CLICK HERE FOR NAIFA-WEST VIRGINIA'S OFFICERS,
REGIONAL DIRECTORS AND COMMITTEE CHAIRS
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
John Pauley, CLU, ChFC, CLTC, Executive Director
NAIFA-WV, P.O. Box 3586, Charleston, WV 25336
Message From the President
Herman Dixon, CLU, CLF, LUTCF,
LTCP, RFC, MBA
NAIFA-West Virginia President
Worry, the Widow Maker
American humorist Evan Esar said, "Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere." In fact, of all the worries, studies have shown that 40% of worries are about the past; 50% are about the future; and, 10% deal with what is facing us today: the current situation. Is it any wonder that worry can cause all sorts of challenges for us?
Worry affects circulation, the hart, glands, nervous system and your mental fitness. It can alter a personality, challenge a career and destroy a family. It can consume our psyche so much that the mere fact of our worry about what we do not want to happen can actually increase the odds that it will. In finality, worry will not add one day to one's life. So, why worry?
Judy was a rising management star with a major corporation who had been assigned a major project that could elevate her career. Each night she would toss and turn worrying about the deadline for the project and the final report coming due. Her continued restlessness began to annoy her husband. He asked, "What is all the worry over?" Judy responded, "My entire future count rest on this project and report. I just do not feel that I will be able to make the deadline. I can't and I know that the boss will not be happy and my career is ended."
Her husband got up from the bed, picked up the phone and called Judy's boss. He explained: "Judy is a fantastic and dedicated junior manager who deserves any promotion you might consider her for. However, the report you expect in two days will be completed. Good night."
Judy was astonished! "What are you doing?" she replied directly. "You have ended my career!" Her husband replied, "You are not going to have the report for the project completed on time. I just let your boss know. Now, he can worry about it."
WOW! How simple! Was it really worth the worry for Judy? I suppose it would depend on the boss but for the most part, probably not as big an issue as Judy tried to make it out to be. In fact, 92% of worries never occur.
Life is challenging enough with day-to-day issues and needs. We cannot allow worry to enter the picture and misuse our imagination and thought process. We owe ourselves greater respect.
Next time you are prone to worry, consider these 3 things: 1) What is the real issue you are facing? 2) What's the worst thing that could happen? 3) Is it really worth the effort worry demands? You might just discover that it truly is not worth the worry. As we stated, 92% of worries never happen and only 10% deal with what is occurring today.
So, do not worry! Be happy!
What do you think, is it worth your time to worry?
NAIFA-North Central WV CE Opportunity!
Serving members in the Morgantown, Fairmont and Clarksburg regions.
Earn Six Hours of CE in One Day!
DATE:Thursday, October 25, 2012 | 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
LOCATION:Fairmont Clarion Hotel
(Former Holiday Inn) Exit 137, I-79, Fairmont, WV
NAIFA - North Central WV Members: $55.00
NAIFA - West Virginia Members: $65.00
Non Members: $75.00
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR CORPORATE SPONSOR!
Guardian Annuities, Michael Barrett, Regional Manager
(DC, VA, WV)
COURSES: 6 HOURS CE CREDIT
LTC - The Niche in the Executive Marketplace
(1 Hr.)LTC - The Business Marketplace
(2 Hrs.)Values & Ethics - Being Compliant & Profitable
(1 Hr.)Dealing with Ethical Issues in Financial Services
(1 Hr.)Ethical Challenges for Producers
8:00 - 9:00 AM: Continental Breakfast/Registration
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: AM Classes
12:00 - 1:00 PM: Lunch
1:00 - 4:00 PM: PM Classes
For more information, please contact Mike Arcure at (304) 363-4440
SAVE THE DATE! BACK THE PAC WEEK!
THE FIFTH ANNUAL IFAPAC DAY WILL BE HELD ON
Thursday, November 1, 2012
COINCIDES WITH NAIFA'S BACK THE PAC WEEK:
Monday, October 29 - Friday, November 2, 2012
Across the NAIFA NATION, IFAPAC volunteers will contact members to
thank and encourage them to join, increase and renew their participation
in IFAPAC - their Career Protection Insurance
For more information about IFAPAC and to contribute securely online,
please visit www.naifa.org/advocacy/ifapac
, or click HERE
IFAPAC Contribution Form in PDF format.
"Don't tax you! Don't tax me!
Tax the fellow behind the tree!"
- Sen. Russell B. Long
Don't be that fellow behind the tree!
NAIFA Congressional Conference:
APRIL 8-9, 2013 in WASHINGTON, DC!
Please review the 2012 Advocacy Brief by clicking HERE!
For a special video on NAIFA's 2012-2013 Tax Challenges, click HERE!
NAIFA Members-Only Webinar Opportunity!
|Join Us October 24 for this NAIFA Members-Only Webinar
"The Affordable Care Act - Next Steps"
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2012
Time: 3:30 PM - 4:30 PM EDT
Join NAIFA staff members Diane Boyle
, Vice President - Federal Government Relations, and Matt Solak
, Program Manager - Government Relations, for the upcoming webinar, "Affordable Care Act - Next Steps." There is NO CHARGE
to NAIFA Members for this webinar that brings you the latest developments on the Affordable Care Act and its impact on you and your clients since the Supreme Court ruling. Webinar briefing points include:
- Affordable Care Act - the Early Years
- Supreme Punt
- Current Provisions and Concerns
- State Initiatives and Lack Thereof
- Congressional Efforts
- Affordability and Access Space is limited. Reserve your Webinar seat now!
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar. Space is limited so reserve your seat today!
FREE NAIFA Benefits with Your Membership!
|NAIFA's Advisor Today bi-monthly magazine, website and podcasts
- features ideas and insights from industry experts on a wide range of topics including product knowledge, sales, marketing, prospecting, and practice management. NAIFA SmartBrief
- a daily e-mail newsletter providing insurance and financial advising professionals a quick, two-minute read that will help keep you up-to-date with the latest news and trends in the industry. News stories are meticulously picked for content and delivered straight to your inbox. NAIFA Virtual Library
- a repository of online sales tools and resources including fact finders, concept pages, specimen documents and client presentations. NAIFA ClientCast by RealWealth
- free monthly professionally produced podcasts that agents can use to educate, motivate and inspire clients and prospects. Also includes free monthly training webinars for agents and advisors on sales ideas and best practices to help you grow your business. NAIFA Webinar Series
- monthly events feature timely information and training on topics of interest including government relations, practice management, sales, prospecting, and marketing. NAIFA Online Seminar Series
- 24/7 access to online training on such topics as succession planning, hiring an assistant, and thriving in the first three years in the business. Also includes downloadable materials to supplement the web content. NAIFA Insurance and Financial Services Professional Resource Guide
- connecting NAIFA member's to the products and services they use daily.
CONNECTIONS THAT COUNT!
For more information about the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors - West Virginia, contact John Pauley, CLU, ChFC, CLTC at (304) 345-4343
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit NAIFA-West Virginia's website at www.naifawv.org
IT PAYS TO BELONG!