International Law Quarterly
Summer 2014, 30th Anniversary Edition Now Available
If you are interested in contributing to the next edition of the ILQ, please contact ILQ Editor Yara Lorenzo at email@example.com.
- Aballi Milne Kalil
- Astigarraga Davis
- Centro de Arbitragem e Mediação-Câmara de Comércio Brasil-Canadá (CAM/CCBC)
- Hogan Lovells
- Meaden & Moore
- Hunton & Williams
- Kobre & Kim LLP
- Bilzin Sumberg
- Harper Meyer
Become an ILS Sponsor for the 2014-2015 Cycle
In light of what we accomplished this past year, we hope you will continue to support the Section as a sponsor. In 2013-2014, various firms, companies and suppliers sponsored the Section. We look forward to another year of innovative programs where we can advance international law and further promote our sponsors.
Contact Elizabeth Ortega at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Peter A. Quinter
Immediate Past Chair:
C. Ryan Reetz
Alvin F. Lindsay, III
Arnoldo B. Lacayo
Cuba 2014 Conference, November 20-21, 2014
Conference Room at Loews Portofino Hotel in Orlando
Peter Quinter and Antonio Zamora
Antonio Zamora and Susan Carlos
Antonio Zamora and Parke Wright IV
Antonio Zamora, Peter Quinter and Milton Vescovacci
* 18th Judicial Conference of the U.S. Court of International Trade, December 1 in New York
* IBA "High Stakes Litigation and Arbitration" Conference, December 4 in Atlanta
* ILS Holiday Cocktail Party, December 17 at Fado Irish Pub in Miami
* Save the Date: International Litigation, Arbitration & Business Transactions (ILAT) Conference, February 27, 2015
* Save the Date: Florida Bar ILS Vis Pre-Moot, February 28, 2015
* Event photos from "Cuba 2014"
* Undocumented immigrant Jose Godinez-Samperio tells of becoming a lawyer
* Subscription discount to CubaNews and Cuba Standard
December 1, 2014 - The U.S. Court of International Trade invites you to its 18th Judicial Conference at the New York Palace, 455 Madison Avenue in New York. Please click here to view the program and to register.
December 4, 2014
- The International Bar Association (IBA) presents its "High Stakes Litigation and Arbitration" Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. Please click here
to view the conference program, or go to the IBA's website here
. Online registration will continue through November 26.
December 17, 2014 - ILS Holiday Cocktail Party at Fado Irish Pub, 900 South Miami Avenue, Miami, from 6:30 to 8:30 P.M. Join fellow ILS members to celebrate the year end! First drink and hors d' oeuvres complimentary. To RSVP, contact Regan Kruse at email@example.com or Clarissa Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to view the event flyer.
Save the Date
The International Litigation and Arbitration Conference (ILAC) and the International Business Transactions Conference (IBTC) are being combined into a one-day program, the International Litigation, Arbitration & Business Transactions (ILAT) Conference. This one-day conference will take place on Friday, February 27, 2015, at the Conrad Hotel in Miami.
The ILS has reserved a block of rooms for Conference attendees. Promotional rates are valid from February 24 through March 2. Please call (305) 503-6500 to make reservations, and be sure to mention the "International Law Section Conference" to receive discounted rates.
February 28, 2015 - The Florida Bar ILS Willem C. Vis Pre-Moot Competition at JAMS, 600 Brickell Avenue, Miami. Click here to view the save-the-date flyer.
April 7-9, 2015 - Florida Chamber International Days in Tallahassee. Plan to join Florida's premier international trade conference as we continuing advancing to secure Florida's future through trade and logistics.
Undocumented Immigrant Jose Godinez-Samperio Tells of Becoming a Lawyer
Jose Godinez-Samperio talks about the road to his admission to the Florida Bar. Read more about his story about the adversities faced and the help he received along the way here.
Subscription Discount to CubaNews and Cuba Standard
See below note from Johannes Werner, Editor these publications, to ILS Chair Peter Quinter
I have been impressed by the way you and the International Law Section are delving into the complex issue of Cuba.
Seeing the degree of interest and engagement, we would like to extend an offer to all Florida Bar members -- and all attenders of the conference in Orlando -- to subscribe to our publications at a 25% discount.
We are the only independent source of information solely focused on the economy and business in Cuba. Our publications include:
* www.cubastandard.com, a constantly updated online source with breaking news and analysis;
* CubaNews, an offline newsletter that compiles a month's worth of information, enhanced with charts, graphics, maps and data; and
* Cuba Standard Economic Trend Report, a unique quarterly analysis/forecast of the Cuban economy put together by a team of Cuban academics, led by former Central Bank economist Pavel Vidal.
The basic subscription package (regular price: $398) includes 12 months access to www.cubastandard.com and 12 issues of the monthly newsletter. The complete package (regular price: $798) includes four Economic Trend Reports, as well as www.cubastandard.com and 12 newsletters.
If you want to find out more, or are interested in subscribing at the FBA discount rate, write me at email@example.com, or call (941) 702-8614.
I appreciate your forwarding this message to everyone!