Events Happening in the Gathering Room September 2013
- First day of classes and Blast Off at 5:00pm!
September 11 & 12
- Chief Andrew Isaac Health Center Registration from 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Positive Connection Night - Native Games at 5:00pm
Important Dates and Events
- Cooper Lane Block Party
- Student Job & Research Fair at the Wood Center
- Deadline for adding classes, late registration, and fee payment
- Troth Yeddha' Run for the Park Starts by the Museum 9-12:00pm
- Winter Warm-up at MBS
- UAF Fall Convocation in the Davis Concert Hall
- Deadline for 100% tuition refunds
- Last day to drop classes
- Equinox Marathon at the Patty Center
Recurring Club Meetings
September 4, 11, 18, 25
September 7, 14, 21, 28
September 10, 17, 24
September 12 & 26
Welcome back to returning UAF students and welcome to new UAF students! We hope you had a great summer and are as excited as we are that you're here!
Be sure to kick off the semester right with our Fall 2013 Blast Off! It's happening this Thursday, September 5, 2013, at 5:00pm in our Gathering Room (2nd floor of the Brooks Building).
Meet old and new friends, connect with clubs, find out what we have planned for the semester, and eat some food!
Hope to see you here!
The Reach Out
You're getting this e-mail because you are or have been advised by RSS or you have signed up to receive it. The Reach Out goes out monthly and includes important updates about classes, scholarships, events, clubs, and more!
Chief Andrew Isaac Health Center Registration
To all of those that qualify for tribal health insurance:
Don't miss your chance to conveniently register for health care with Chief Andrew Isaac Health Center! A representative will be in the RSS Gathering Room to make sure that your paperwork is taken care of on September 11 and 12 from 9-4pm. Remember, you must register for Chief Andrew Isaac Health Center in order to use your tribal health care benefits in Fairbanks.
Although you can make the journey downtown and do it later, registering at RSS next week is a great idea! Do it now and you won't have to worry about getting hurt or sick and not having health insurance!
Rural Student Services Office Hours
Get Involved, Join a Club!
- American Indian Science & Engineering Society
Olga Skinner - 474-5152
- Alaska Native Education Student Association
Colleen Angaiak - 474-6623
- Alaska Natives into Psychology
Project Director of Psychology Dept - 474-7007
- Alaska Native Science & Engineering Program
Olga Skinner - 474-5152
- Alaska Native Social Work Association
LaVerne Demientieff - 474-6267
Gabrielle Russell - 474-6615
Inu-Yupiaq Dance Group
Thomas Albert - 652-2015
- Native Alaskan Business Leaders
Liz Ross - 474-7793
Troth Yeddha' Dance Group
Carol Murphrey - 474-6616
NFPC - Natives for Positive Change
Carol Murphrey and Barbara Blake - 474-6616 (Carol) or 474-5948 (Barbara)