the Illinois Arts Council Agency Newsletter
October is Illinois Arts + Humanities Month
The Illinois Arts Council Agency and the Illinois Humanities Council are proud to present the 6th annual Illinois Arts & Humanities Month. Throughout October, we encourage all Illinoisans to establish, deepen, and expand their relationships with the arts and humanities. Together, we celebrate the vital role of the arts and humanities in our individual and shared community life. AH! Month, an expansion of Illinois Arts Week begun in 1978, has lead to hundreds of communities and countless individuals across the Land of Lincoln to become more aware of our state's vast cultural resources and to appreciate their animating force, economic impact, and power to unite.
What does Governor Pat Quinn have to say about Illinois AH! Month?
Join the growing number of Illinoisans who understand and affirm the role and value of arts and creativity to themselves, their communities, and our state: WHEREAS, the arts and humanities enhance every aspect of life in Illinois -- improving our economy, enriching our civic life, driving tourism, and exerting a profound positive influence on the education of our children; and... more.
How can you be more AH!some?
- Create an AH! Month Proclamation of your own (and send us a copy!);
- Get social by Tweeting your AH! moments using hash tag #ILAH;
- Connect to something larger by using the AH! Month logo;
- Host a creative conversation using One State videos
- Share your AH! moments with our friends on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/illinoisartscouncilagency and https://www.facebook.com/ILhumanities