Hep C Connection has organized three awareness raising activities for World Hepatitis Day 2013 to take place in Downtown Denver on July 26 and 27, 2013. You, your colleagues, friends, and family are invited!
Your participation will -
- raise awareness of viral hepatitis
- drive policy change for improvements in health
- Make a powerful statement
- may even break a Guinness World Record!
| Attempt to Break a Guinness World Record!
Don't ignore viral hepatitis!
- Join thousands of people in over 100 nations around the world to make a statement that viral hepatitis is often ignored.
- you'll be assigned a wise monkey movement (see no evil, hear no evil, or speak no evil)
- as a group, we'll perform the 3 movements of the wise monkey, led by a local celebrity
- we'll count the number of participants and take pictures and submit them to World Hepatitis Alliance
- The Guinness World Record will be broken if more than 12,588 persons perform the three wise monkey actions within 24 hours of World Hepatitis Day
Click here to learn more about the three wise monkey theme and World Hepatitis Alliance, the overall sponsoring organization.
Singers Needed for Viral Hepatitis Complaints Choir!
- no prior experience needed!
- You'll be singing lyrics that describe the hardship of going through treatment for HCV, but the benefits of making it to the other side - being cured!
- sung to the tune of "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot"
- Click here to see last year's performance
Day: Saturday, July 27
Time: approximately 6:00 PM
Location: Greek Amphitheatre of Civic Center Park (14th and Bannock, Denver, CO)
Encourage people to get tested and increase awareness by -
- Waving signs
- Being loud
- Getting drivers to honk!