Yale Graduate Housing News Briefs
March 7, 2014
Dormitory Housing Intent 2014-2015
Response Deadline Wednesday, March 26th at 4 p.m.
Yale GHO needs to know your plans for next year. We ask all current dormitory residents to complete the online form "Housing Intent." This form must be completed by March 26th.
On the form, there are three options to choose from:
- Renew same assignment,
- Transfer participate in lottery, or
Please follow the instructions below to get started:
- Log into MyHousing with your Yale NetID and Password.
- Select 'Personal Preferences' from the left margin menu.
- Change "The following information applies to" from Spring 2014 to Fall 2014.
- Under "Dormitory Intent 2014" choose from one of the three intent options.
- If you are planning to vacate, please be sure to select a vacating date. (If you are not staying in fall housing, your vacating date will be no later than June 29th).
- To complete the form, click on "Submit My Personal Preferences."
Students requesting to participate in Open Room Selection (Lottery) will be notified via email by March 31st.
Note: The Open Room Selection (Lottery) process has changed and now consist of two separate lotteries.
- The first lottery will include only the residents of Hall of Graduate Studies (HGS) who wish to move within their building.
- The second lottery will include the other four remaining dormitories (HHH, Harkness, 276 and 254 Prospect).
This will allow all residents to opt out of their current assignment and others to opt in.
Lottery participants will be assigned 10 minute intervals to complete their selection. The order of assignments will be determined by your length of stay.
Please keep in mind that by participating in the lottery there is a chance that your building may be selected by an earlier lottery entry. This should be considered before making the decision to opt out of your current assignment and enter the Open Room Selection (Lottery).
For the new the 2014-2015 Dormitory rates, click here.