Stock your freezer for the winter.
This is the last week for the Summer Season. While we will do our best to bring extra frozen meats with us on the routes, please preorder items if you are stocking up for the winter. This will ensure that you get what you want.
When you login to shop HERE, you'll find all your favorites - pork chops, whole chickens, pork shoulder roasts, beef roasts, sausages and ground meats. There are even unusual things like whole duck and venison. To get the full selection, you should login first.
A note on bacon and turkey lunch meat: We don't know yet if we'll have enough bacon or turkey breast lunchmeat to sell extra. Both are being made fresh this week as we had to slaughter hogs and turkeys to make these products. Each animal is a different weight, so we won't know our final yields until it is all made (and our nitrate free vegetable brine mix is on backorder...causing some delays at the butcher).
We will have bacon and turkey breast available to winter customers probably next week or the week after depending on how fast Galen (the butcher) can make bacon and lunchmeat for us.
Final Payments, Winter Season, and Thanksgiving.
As the season comes to an end, we have a few administrative things to go over with you.
1) Winter Season Registration. See below for more details, but we can help you at the back of the truck. You can register on the spot at the back of the truck. Each truck has envelopes on it with details and a registration form for Winter.
2) Thanksgiving Order. There was an order form last week in your bag. If you didn't receive one, please ask for one this week. Thanksgiving is quickly approaching and our birds are selling at a good pace. Get yours soon before they are gone.
3) Account Balance and Putting extra items on account. Please watch for an email from Lyn with your account balance. You may pay this online with a credit card or bring your checkbook to the back of the truck.
For those who like to put extra items on account, please try to bring cash or a checkbook the next two weeks. This isn't necessary but it will sure save us a lot of time from sending multiple payment reminder emails and it will speed up the checkout process. By not having an online balance, it also makes it easier to register for winter and/or a Thanksgiving package.
EGGS - We have a shortage, please preorder online.
Many of you have noticed the egg shortage lately. It has been terrible. Our hens have been slowing down a lot this fall. They do usually slow down some in the fall and more in the winter, but they are slowing down early this year. I'm wondering if this is a bad sign for the winter to come!
Our egg production is literally about 60% of our peak yield in the summer and we have only had enough eggs to fill pre-orders and about one or two routes per week.
To ensure that you get your fresh eggs, please preorder them online at http://csalogin.freshforkmarket.com by Tuesday at midnight.
Winter Season Registration OPEN. Winter Season starts the week of November 3rd. We have been busy put away more goodies for the winter, including the 1,500 gallons of concord grape juice we just canned (remember that last year? It was awesome).
A quick summary of winter:
- weekly pickups in early November then every other week all winter long
- $45 per delivery, which comes out to $22.5 per week. Actually cheaper than the summer
- less perishable products and every other week schedule make winter easier to manage on many customers with a busy schedule
- no vegetarian or vegan options available. Sorry, I just can't offer a fair value. Please consider sharing/splitting a bag with a friend.
For the winter, we have most of the same pickup locations. We do cutout some of the late night stops. Full list of locations and more details at the link below.
Our Winter Season registration is now open. Details and registration below. If you have any questions, please write back or ask the greeter at the back of the truck.
More details and registration here: Winter Season Info and Registration
Salmon Shipment #2 is in. There is a little left. ORDER NOW. The second shipment from the Wild Salmon Co is now in. SEVERAL FOLKS DIDN'T PICKUP LAST WEEK. Please pickup your salmon this week.
As a reminder, this is wild caught, Alaskan Sockeye salmon that was quick frozen in Alaska as it was caught in September. Our friend Heidi, the fisher lady, is thrilled that it has been so well received here. Thank you guys for the support!
THERE IS A LITTLE SALMON LEFT FOR PREORDER. It is $165 for the 10# case of center cut 6 oz salmon filets. If you buy the pieces individually, they are $7 each individual portion. They are flash frozen and vacuum sealed in a very thick poly bag. They have a freezer life of 1 year.
Preorders for the remaining salmon should be placed ASAP at http://csalogin.freshforkmarket.com.