Final Payments, Winter Season, and Thanksgiving.
As the season comes to an end, we have a few administrative things to go over with you.
1) Winter Season Registration. See below for more details, but we can help you at the back of the truck. Last week there was information put in your bag. If you didn't get an envelope with details and a registration form, please ask for one this week. We can help you register on the spot.
2) Thanksgiving Order. More details below, but look for an envelope and flier in this week's bag with more details.
3) Account Balance and Putting extra items on account. Please watch for an email from Lyn with your account balance. You may pay this online with a credit card or bring your checkbook to the back of the truck.
For those who like to put extra items on account, please try to bring cash or a checkbook the next two weeks. This isn't necessary but it will sure save us a lot of time from sending multiple payment reminder emails and it will speed up the checkout process. By not having an online balance, it also makes it easier to register for winter and/or a Thanksgiving package.
EGGS - We have a shortage, please preorder online.
Many of you have noticed the egg shortage lately. It has been terrible. Our hens have been slowing down a lot this fall. They do usually slow down some in the fall and more in the winter, but they are slowing down early this year. I'm wondering if this is a bad sign for the winter to come!
Our egg production is literally about 60% of our peak yield in the summer and we have only had enough eggs to fill pre-orders and about one or two routes per week.
To ensure that you get your fresh eggs, please preorder them online at http://csalogin.freshforkmarket.com by Tuesday at midnight.
Winter Season Registration OPEN. Winter Season starts the week of November 3rd. We only have about 200 spots left so please don't hesitate to register.
A quick summary:
- weekly pickups in early November then every other week all winter long
- $45 per delivery, which comes out to $22.5 per week. Actually cheaper than the summer
- less perishable products and every other week schedule make winter easier to manage on many customers with a busy schedule
- no vegetarian or vegan options available. Sorry, I just can't offer a fair value. Please consider sharing/splitting a bag with a friend.
For the winter, we have most of the same pickup locations. We do cutout some of the late night stops. Full list of locations and more details at the link below.
Our Winter Season registration is now open. Details and registration below. If you have any questions, please write back or ask the greeter at the back of the truck.
More details and registration here: Winter Season Info and Registration
Salmon Shipment #2 is in. There is a little left. ORDER NOW. The second shipment from the Wild Salmon Co is now in. This is the once per year salmon buying club order.
As a reminder, this is wild caught, Alaskan Sockeye salmon that was quick frozen in Alaska as it was caught in September. Our friend Heidi, the fisher lady, is thrilled that it has been so well received here. Thank you guys for the support!
If you have already preordered your salmon for the second shipment, expect to receive a confirmation email from Lyn. Some of you received it yesterday; others will get it today. Please print this and bring with you to pickup.
If you have not yet preordered salmon, we have about 20 cases left. It is $165 for the 10# case of center cut 6 oz salmon filets. If you buy the pieces individually, they are $7 each individual portion. They are flash frozen and vacuum sealed in a very thick poly bag. They have a freezer life of 1 year.
Preorders for the remaining salmon should be placed ASAP at http://csalogin.freshforkmarket.com.