To all campers and parents, just a few items of note in preparation for this week's camp:
1. A reminder that the camp is now at FULTON BANK FIELDS in East Pete, NOT at The Quad.
2. Safety is always the number 1 concern at Penn Legacy, so please be especially mindful of the weather. There is a small chance of thunderstorms each evening so please watch out for updates of the website before leaving your house. If there is lightning in the area then the camp will be halted immediately, so bear that in mind if you leave the fields and be ready to return as soon as possible. Even if we escape the storms it will still be very hot each evening so please send plenty of water in their backpacks.
3. All campers should bring a ball to camp and wear shinpads.
4. The main goal and focus for the camp is to really work on instilling good technique and good habits into the players. Of course we will have all sorts of fun doing the exercises, but I just want you to be aware ahead of time that there will be lots and lots of repetitions to create as many quality touches on the ball as possible. I do not have a magic wand to somehow make everyone better at soccer in 3 days, but I can show them what they need to do in order to improve their game, and give those crucial quality touches on the ball. It will be hard work, and lots of similar looking exercises, so prepare your sons and daughters for a slightly different type of summer soccer experience. No "sharks and minnows" at this camp!
5. I have a team of coaches coming this week to help me out, and they are all fantastic coaches. We are all really looking forward to meeting and working with everyone and I am sure it is going to be a fabulous 3 days!
(email below sent on 6/21 regarding location change to Fulton Fields - map included)