Nachum Chasan, Head of School
זכור את יום השבת לקדשו
CANDLE LIGHTING - 7:42 PM
HAVDALAH - 8:45 PM
SHABBAT PARSHAT - ACHAREI MOT/KEDOSHIM - Leviticus 16:1 - 20:27
סיכום - Summary
- This week is again a double portion.
- The portion begins by recalling the deaths of Aaron's sons Nadav and Avihu.
- Next it describes the rituals for the sin offerings that Aaron is to present in the Sanctuary for himself and the people.
- The second part contains approximately fifty mitzvoth. Here is a cross section of some of the more important ones.
* Reverence for one's mother and father
* Leaving an edge on one's field unreaped, for the poor.
* Not stealing or dealing falsely.
* Not putting a stumbling block before the blind.
* Not standing idly by the blood of one's neighbor.
* Not taking vengeance or bearing a grudge.
* Loving one's neighbor.
SHABBAT SHALOM שבת שלום -
Head of School