| Greetings! |
Congratulations! Chauffeuring your child to class each week for almost 10-months is nearly over, and it's time to celebrate.
I just finished a week long of mini-shows where I got a sneak preview of all the students' work that will be gracing the stage. I am so proud and happy with what your child has accomplished and I am excited for you to watch your child shine on stage.
Please take the time to read all the important information below.
2013 RECITAL - Show line-up, technical rehearsals, showtimes, etc.
The line up of shows and stage rehearsals are now posted in the office. This line-up is still subject to change as deemed necessary. Please let the office know if your child's multiple dances have been inadvertently placed back to back.
There are 7 fabulous shows again this year.
22nd ANNIVERSARY GALA, Programme I
June 9, Sunday - 7:00 PM
Showcasing the award-winning routines of the Performance Program
22nd ANNIVERSARY GALA, Programme II
June 14, Friday - 6:00 PM
"Swan Lake Act II" and "Into The Woods"
WSPA's premiere presentation of a musical theater production directed by Katie Kerwin, and a ballet production staged by Mayo Sugano, featuring Mayo Sugano and Aaron Orza as Guest Principal Dancers. This is co-sponsored by AIMBA.
GET ON THE FLOOR
June 15, Saturday - Showtimes at 10:00 AM, 2:00 & 6:00 PM
June 16, Sunday - Showtimes at 1:00 PM AND 5:00 PM
Five shows in a flurry of songs and dances to be performed by the General School featuring some of the Performance Program competition works.
Watch our little stars "Get on the Floor" and dance their way up high into the sky!!!!
Click on each show below to find your child's class: (Scrolling down the file to find your child's teacher is the easiest way to find your child's class.)
Gala - Programme 1- Anniversary Gala Stage Rehearsal Schedule
Gala - Programme 2
- Swan Lake Act II and Into The Woods includes RehearsalsShow 2 - Saturday, 10 AM
- Get On the Floor Stage Rehearsal ScheduleShow 3 - Saturday, 2 PM
- Get On the Floor Stage Rehearsal ScheduleShow 4 - Saturday, 5 PM
- Get On the Floor Stage Rehearsal ScheduleShow 5 - Sunday, 1 PM
- Get On the Floor Stage Rehearsal ScheduleShow 6 - Sunday, 5 PM
- Get On the Floor Stage Rehearsal Schedule
We are also in the process of preparing some instructional videos to assist you with preparing your child's hair and make-up. These links will be emailed to you shortly.
UPCOMING IMPORTANT EVENTS
AUDITIONS for the Performance Program and the Professional Ballet Division - May 20, 21, & 22
Do you think your child is ready for the challenge and commitment of more performances through showcases and competitions? The Performance Program in tap, ballet, jazz, musical theater, hip hop, or lyrical/modern may just be right for your child. You'll never know unless she tries. The auditions for acceptance to these programs will be held on May 20, 21, and 23. Audition for the junior level will be held like a regular class. Your child's readiness will be based on her ability to stay focused while following very simple instructions. Your child will have fun! Click here for the schedule of auditions Click here for the Parent and Student Commitment Agreement in the Performance Program and Ballet Professional Division.
Every Student will be EvaluatedGeneral School
- Each child will receive an evaluation prepared by the teacher showing the child's accomplished strength in skills as well as areas that need improvement. Student Evaluations for the General School will be handed out in the next couple of weeks. Though it isn't mandatory to have a parent-teacher conference, we advise you make an appointment with the teacher to discuss the recommendations stated in the evaluation to better understand your child's progress.Performance Program
- Evaluations for the Performance Program will be handed out the week after the Spotlight Competition. Please be sensitive to others and keep your child's evaluation in confidence. We do not encourage our competition students to be in competition with each other but to be in full support of each other's journey in dance. A parent conference with the teacher is not mandatory, but you may make an appointment with the teacher in the office at any time.Professional Ballet Division
- Professional Ballet Division parent conferences will be on May 29, Wednesday. Please be reminded that this division offers world-class training that will enable your child to have a professional career in dance. In preparation for the parent conference, we advise you speak to your child and discuss her/his goals and intentions in dance. We understand that not all will pursue a career in dance, but the level of proficiency attained and the journey they go through will no doubt prepare them for the life ahead.
SUMMER CLASSES AND INTENSIVES - Starts July 8
We have planned an exciting summer for all the students in ballet, tap, jazz/contemporary, musical theater, and hip hop. Use the three weeks in the summer to explore other dance styles for your child, or use them to help your child get ahead with her technique.
Click here for the Schedule of Classes for Beginners this Summer
A roster of master teachers as well as WSPA current and past faculty will be teaching the intensives for the serious students in our Junior, Apprentice, and Company Levels. Lauren Main De Lucia and Lou Fancher are returning as guest teachers while Karen Chuang, Laura Bernasconi, and Sam Weber will be teaching in WSPA for the first time.
Click here to learn more about the new Guest Faculty
New this summer is the Emerging Young Choreographer (EYC) program, where company members who would like to hone their skills in choreography are given the chance to do so. For the first time, too, WSPA will be holding a tap workshop for the Jr. Apprentice, Apprentice, and Company levels.
Click here to learn more about the intensives and the EYC.
FALL REGISTRATION FOR DANCE SCHOOL YEAR 2013-2014
We are weeks before WSPA's biggest event, our Year-End Recital! It will be a wonderful display of everyone's achievement over the year. But before we get there, I request you take a moment to think about your child's plan for next year.
We are approaching next year's schedule with great care making sure our teachers, students, and studios, achieve the utmost productivity. It is in this regard that we ask everyone to register early for the programs they intend to attend and save your child's spot. Tuition does not need to be paid until September, however, registration fees must be paid by June 8, the last day of classes before we go into our recital week. Registration will begin on Saturday, June 1, 2013.
With this early registration, we are hoping to serve our parents and students better by forwarding the dance schedule early enough for families to plan around it with sports and other interests your child might have. I encourage students in the General School to register and save your spots as classes in the General School do fill up fast.
Outstanding Balance on Accounts
This is a friendly reminder that May and June tuition is now due. Parents with an outstanding balance will not be allowed to purchase recital tickets.
Below is an invite to our traditional Year-End BBQ in the courtyard. It's free and it's fun for all the children. Do plan on joining us.
Meanwhile, enjoy the great weather, dance, and be merry!!! Party with us tomorrow the island way and attend the fundraising event "Island Festival" in our courtyard.
Malu Rivera- Peoples