Traits of Good Communicators
To succeed in any area of life, to reach your potential and find fulfillment, you must become a good communicator. Take it upon yourself to cultivate the connector/communicator within you. Your Expanded Self is a wise and a compassionate communicator. Let it guide you in all of your relationships. Keep the following tips in mind as you seek to improve your communications:
* Be the cause. Stay present, which means both committing to creating
mutual understanding, mutual benefit, and mutual enjoyment and taking
responsibility for the success of the communication.
* Keep an open mind and heart. Be flexible, ready to learn, and ready to see things in a new way.
* Focus on the other person. Focus on the other person and see their
* Find common ground. Learn to see things from the other's perspective. Even if, or when, you have a different opinion.
* Be authentic and clear. Use all five channels-thoughts, emotions,
words, physical expression, and action.
* Be a contribution. Find how you can help, support, inspire, create
change, or express affection.
* Use humor. Playful enjoyment can contribute to almost all communications.