2013-14 Common Core Implementation Plan
We are reissuing the 2013-14 Common Core Implementation Plan, attached here
, which contains information about the assessment transition plan, curricular materials and resources and teacher and leader trainings that will be offered by the department in the final year of preparation for PARCC. Additionally, we are including a recorded discussion
(47 mins.) of the Plan.
Repeated here are resources that appeared in the Special Edition of the TNCore Update last week.
2013-14 Curriculum Planning Resources for Math and ELA
To support planning for the 2013-14 school year, the following information and resources have been provided:
- Lists of dropped SPIs for the 2013-14 school year (ELA and Math)
- 2013-14 TNCore Focus Clusters (four per grade level) for K-8, Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II (Math)
- 2013-14 Standards Tables for each grade level, K-8, Algebra I, Algebra II (Math)
- Fluency expectations for each grade level, K-8 (Math)
- Curriculum Coverage (here)
The dropped SPIs will go into effect with the Dec. 2013 End of Course exams and the April 2014 TCAP Achievement exams.
Scoring Resources for CRA Phase II Now Available
The scoring guides (containing guides and annotated student work) were released on Feb. 15 and are available for download here.