Jesus went through all the towns and villages,
teaching in their synagogues,
proclaiming the good news of the kingdom
and healing every disease and sickness.
When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them,
because they were harassed and helpless,
like sheep without a shepherd. -Matthew 9:35-26
Great Shepherd, we lift up this region of India that has been the crossroads of cultures, kingdoms and religions for many centuries. Through the hustle and bustle of myriads of people, You know the name of each person and You love them. Jesus, we know that the blood You shed is also for this place too, so we ask now for a divine visitation in every Hindu temple, every Sikh shrine, every mosque and every church. We pray that wisdom, integrity and righteousness would envelope every governmental leader and decision-maker, so that they could make decisions that would benefit the entire country.
As a seat of governmental power, we ask that Delhi's leaders will:
- Be drawn into a saving encounter with Christ; and if born-again, that they be strengthened and encouraged in their faith. (1 Timothy 2:4, Ephesians 1:17-23)
- Be God-fearing and recognize that they are accountable to Almighty God (Hebrews 9:27)
- Desire humility and be willing to serve and cooperate. (Luke 22:27, 1 Peter 5:5)
- Be generous and have compassionate hearts for the poor and needy (Luke 10:33-37, Psalm 41:1)
- Have courage to resist manipulation, pressure, and the fear of man. (Proverbs 29:25, 2 Timothy 1:7)
Raise up Your followers to demonstrate the power of the One true God. As Your word is spoken or read, may it divide soul and spirit. May the Gospel be proclaimed without hindrance, and confirmed through healings and miracles to show that You are a living God who cares for those who suffer. Father of Lights, we ask that You would pour out a "spirit of adoption," so that Jesus can gather the sons and daughters of India into His arms and bring them into Your eternal Kingdom.
There are many different gods worshiped in this place that have held the people in fear. In the name of Jesus, we dismantle everything that sets itself up against the knowledge of Christ. May Your love bring enlightenment and freedom to all who have been harassed by demonic spirits and dead rituals.
Because You are good, Lord God, we declare that Delhi will resonate with Your glory and that Your blessings will overflow from here to all of India. Jesus, be honored in Delhi! Amen.