Taco Quinoa Turkey Skillet Dinner
- 20 oz. Jennie-O taco-seasoned ground turkey
- ˝ onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 15 oz. can dark red kidney beans, drained (you can substitute black or pinto beans if you prefer)
- 8.75 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes seasoned with garlic and onion
- 1˝ c. water
- 1 c. dried quinoa
- optional toppings: shredded Mexican-blend cheese, sour cream, sliced green onions, salsa, guacamole
- Spray a large skillet or dutch oven with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add turkey and onion, and brown and crumble until meat is mostly cooked through. Stir in garlic, and cook two minutes longer.
- Add beans, corn, tomatoes, and water, and bring to a simmer. Stir in quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed. Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!
|A Little Financial Housekeeping...
As we close out the old year, its always a good idea to take a look at your finances, and make an effort to end the year on a high note.
Click here to read some helpful tips on getting your finances in order so that you can wrap up the old year neatly, and kick off the new year well!