Community/Artist Partnership Program (C/APP) Specialist
Alternate ROOTS seeks a qualified candidate to serve as Community/Artist Partnership Program (C/APP) Specialist. The ideal candidate will have experience in community organizing and an understanding of the connection between arts, creativity, and social justice. The C/APP Specialist will provide oversight and direction for C/APP including project management, design, implementation, development, administration and evaluation.
This is a new position for Alternate ROOTS and is built on the foundation of the current strategic direction of the organization, which places a greater emphasis on strengthening the network of artists, communities, and regional, national, and international strategic partnerships in support of a progressive southern movement.
The Community/Artists Partnership Program (C/APP) was initiated in 1993 to provide artists community training, technical assistance, and project support in the field of community-based arts. All program activities are meant to foster exemplary and equitable collaborations between artists and the communities with which they partner.
- Travel to project sites throughout the ROOTS 14 state region
- Serve as liaison between Alternate ROOTS and select projects, members, and community partners
- Manage the Resources for Social Change Innovation Ensemble (workgroup)
- Responsible for the development of an organizational resource directory
- Support projects and activities that create opportunities for learning, skill building, and professional development exchanges within the ROOTS region.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills Experience in community organizing a plus
- Ability to make clear assessments of projects
- Good writing and documentation skills
- Experience with Content Management Software
- Experience developing and managing project budgets
- Flexibility to function well in a team structure and work independently and be self-motivated
- Experience with Word and Excel
- Ability to travel
This is a full time position and includes health benefits and is only open to individuals living in the ROOTS service region (AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MD, MS, NC, SC, VA, WV, TN, TX, and DC).
ALTERNATE ROOTS MEMBERS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com by February 22. Alternate ROOTS is an equal opportunity employer.