The 16th Annual Meeting will feature practical, evidence-based, education to help preserve your practice into the future. We believe you will find that this conference is quite different from the majority of other conferences, offering you much, much more than the typical lectures on emerging technologies. We have worked hard to design a meeting for you and your staff that covers the many aspects of your practice in addition to the cutting-edge technologies and research in IPM.
This annual meeting will have many exciting features: not only practical, evidence-based education, but also our speakers, who we are proud to say are the highest quality we've ever had.
1. Dr. Devi is the first interventional pain physician to be a medical journalist. She will deliver the keynote speech on "Interventional Pain Management and Media Interactions in the Modern Era." She will provide tips for all of us to present ourselves, provide proper evidence, and present ourselves with smiles rather than stress.
2. Former U.S. Assistant Secretary of Health and Human Services, Ben Sasse, PhD, willpresent a lecture titled "Navigating Uncertainty in Health Care and Surviving as Individual Pain Physicians in the New Era."
3. Christopher J. Gilligan, MD, "Preparing for Accountable (Obama) Care: Understanding Value-Based Approaches and Cost Utility in Managing Patients with Spinal Pain"
4. For the first time ASIPP is offering a special Saturday afternoon session on ultrasound for non-spinal injections, with Kenneth Candido, MD, serving as the session coordinator and chair. This is a limited session so early registration is strongly suggested.
5. Because with healthcare in the shape it is right now, we are pleased to bring you an evening of humor with "The Funny Doctor," Brad Nieder, MD. The Healthy Humorist TM, Dr. Nieder will provide us with a few last during the Sunday evening Business and Dinner meeting. Dr. Nieder will bring us a few laughs. We know you won't want to miss the entertainment, inspiration, enlightenment of Dr. Nieder!
Other speakers include eminent physicians Steve Cohen, Joshua Hirsch, Gabor Racz, Laxmaiah Manchikanti, and many others-each with unique and vast experience in interventional pain management.
For the first time we offer an ultrasound workshop for non-spinal interventions, as well as sessions on practical billing, coding, and practice management and our always popular abstract presentations.
Last, but not least is the entertainment portion with exhibitor interactions, our presidential dinner with congressional speakers, and New Orleans style entertainment.
We strongly recommend that you register immediately for the meeting and plan to stay through Sunday afternoon or longer. Arrive with the family, and enjoy yourselves before, during and after the annual meeting.
Staying on Sunday will be extremely important to you because of the discussion we'll have concerning practical issues, focusing on measures you can apply locally. As you know, all politics are local an as we face the draconian cuts of 2014, we all need this more than ever.