Dear BearBuy Users,
Happy New Year! We hope you all had a pleasant holiday break.
We would like to inform you of a few updates and important events coming soon. Please review the topics below and follow the links or scroll down for more information on each topic.
This month's BearBuy News:
- Bears That Buy Town Hall: Tuesday, January 27, 2015
- 20/30 Webinar Training Series
- Updated and Improved UC Berkeley Substitute W-9 and Supplier Information Form
- America To Go
- "Did you know?" Useful BearBuy Tips
If you have any questions, please contact the BearBuy Help Desk at
510-664-9000 (options 1,2) or BearBuyHelp@berkeley.edu for immediate assistance.
Thank you for your continued support,
Supply Chain Management
The BearBuy team regularly conducts interactive meetings for the Bears that Buy user group. As BearBuy utilization increases, it is important to expand the user group to include those who have used the system for some time and would like wish to provide ideas for continuous improvement.
All attendees will be entered in a raffle!
Bears that Buy User Group Town Hall Feedback Session
Tuesday, January 27th | 9:00am to 10:30am
150 University Hall
Light refreshments will be served.
CLICK HERE to RSVP for the Bears That Buy Town Hall
Agenda topics for discussion:
- BearBuy System Enhancement Request
- Forms - Consolidation project update
- Cal Answers Procure-to-Pay reports
- BearBuy Resources and Support
2. 20/30 Webinar Training Series
Operations & Technology launched a 20/30 BearBuy Webinar Training Series. The goal of the 20/30 series is to provide greater insight on BearBuy process and procedures based on system functionality. Each webinar session is tailored to provide a short in depth review of a specific topic/issue. Each session is scheduled for 30 minutes (15 minutes for concepts and functionality overview and 15 minutes for questions).
Below are the upcoming sessions and their unique webinar sign up. All sessions are scheduled on Wednesdays, from 1:30 to 2:00 pm.
Utilizing Simple and Advance Document Search Features
Wednesday, January 21, 1:30-2:00 pm
This webinar is highly recommended for all users. This webinar will go over the different functions available in BearBuy for simple and advanced document search. We'll go over the different search options available for both search types, the available search filters, saving searches, etc.
Register for: Utilizing Simple and Advanced Document Search Features
Wednesday, February 4, 1:30-2:00 pm
This webinar is highly recommended for all users. This webinar is a general overview of forms. We will go over the purpose of forms in BearBuy, how they are designed to work and which form to use for specific transactions at a high-level.
Register for: Forms 101
Announcing an Updated and Improved
UC Berkeley Substitute W-9 and Supplier Information Form
Effective February 16, 2015, in order to more accurately capture IRS 1099 Withholding information, we are pleased to announce the implementation of a revised UC Berkeley Substitute W-9 and Supplier Information Form.
- Form change: Description of business or service section now contains check boxes
- Check the appropriate description box and/or complete the "OTHER" text field
How does the change improve compliance?
- 1099 Withholding reporting is required by the IRS
- The new check boxes will be used in conjunction with the Federal Tax Classification helps to determine if a supplier should be setup for 1099 Withholding reporting
Where do we find the new form?
- The new form will be sent out in the February BearBuy newsletter and also posted on the Supply Chain Management > Vendoring webpage
Who do we contact if we have questions about the form?
Phone: (510) 664-9000 option 1, then option 2
Thank you for your help in making the pilot of the America To Go catalog a success. The success of the initial pilot would not have been possible without your help and support. As a new year begins, we want to remind customers that:
- Department Roll Out
- The America To Go catalog continues to be rolled out to departments and users. For information on the roll out schedule, please contact Stacey Templeman at email@example.com.
- Custom Orders
- The America To Go system can accommodate custom orders. Please contact the caterer directly to design a custom menu. The caterer will load your personal custom quotation in the catalog where you can select the quotation and add it to a shopping cart for approval, ordering, and payment. If you have any questions or need assistance placing a custom or last minute order, please call America To Go Customer Service at 866-284-8646.
- Meeting and Entertainment Approval
- Catering requires approval according to the meeting and entertainment policy.
- Please remember to attach approved Meeting and Entertainment authorization forms to all catering orders such as America To Go catalog orders and BearBuy payment request form.
- As a reminder, Accounting maintains records of approvers with meeting and entertainment approval delegations. Be sure to send copies of delegation records to Accounting as approver names change.
Q: How do I request an item to be purchased using a bluCard?
A: Use the Non-Catalog Form and select BluCard Tracking as the supplier in order to request an item to be purchased using a bluCard.
Complete the section for the suggested supplier name and General Info including the item description, catalog number, quantity and estimated price. Also add any attachments or supporting documents such as a quote.
When processing your request, the Requisition Creator will place the order with the supplier using their bluCard. For more details on how to complete the Non-Catalog Form for bluCard please see the bluCard Tracking job aid.