Important BearBuy Updates
Dear BearBuy Users,
We would like to inform you of a few important updates. Please review the topics below and follow the links or scroll down for more information on each topic.
This month's BearBuy Communication Topics:
- 14.1 Upcoming SciQuest Release and Live Webinar
- "Did you know?" Useful BearBuy Tips
If you have any questions, please contact the Help Desk at
Thank you for your continued support,
Director of Operations and Technology
UCSF and UC Berkeley Campus Procurement
1. 14.1 Upcoming SciQuest Release and Live Webinar
The SciQuest 14.1 Release will be available in BearBuy on Monday, March 31 , 2014.
We will be hosting a live 14.1 Pre-Release Q&A Webinar to go over all the new features on Thursday, March 27 at 10am. Register for the Webinar HERE.
2. "Did You Know?" Useful BearBuy Tips
TIP #1: Do I need to add a line for tax and shipping amounts in BearBuy?
No, you do not need to add a line for sales tax or shipping on the PO. Suppliers will add applicable sales tax and shipping costs to the invoice when submitting for payment. AP will enter the sales tax and shipping when entering the voucher and it will export to BFS and be paid.
Requisition Creators are responsible for ensuring the Taxable and Freight Applicable flags are correctly populated for line items. If the Taxable flag is checked, the applicable tax will be calculated in BFS based on the Ship to Location.
TIP #2: I have chartfield values marked as a default in my BearBuy profile. How do I remove the defaulted value?
Defaulted values can easily save time by automatically populating the value when you checkout. However, there are times when you may want to remove this default. To do so, follow these steps:
- From the top of the BearBuy page, click your name to open the dropdown menu. Select the View My Profile link to access your BearBuy profile.
- Click the Custom Field and Accounting Code Defaults link under the User Information and Settings heading.
- Click the Codes tab.
- Review the entire list of codes and identify any chartfield values that appear in the Default Value column.
- For any chartfields that are defaulted, click the corresponding Edit button.
- Click on the chartfield value that is in bold in the value listing.
- In the box that appears on the right side, uncheck the default box.
- Click the Save button.