Doorways now offers services for Parents/Guardians of our current clients called Parent Time.
Janet Ander, LPC, is offering individual and couples counseling on Tuesdays and Wednesday mornings from 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Topics of sessions could include such issues as:
- Parenting support and skills
- Marriage and relationships
- Mood or Anxiety symptoms
- Communication techniques
- Understanding yourself or your teen better
- Identity and Self Esteem
- Conflict resolution
|POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER |
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, which can affect anyone at any age, can be difficult to diagnose because there may be a lag between the start of symptoms and the triggering traumatic event.
Because there is still much we don't know about the disorder, it is difficult to predict who will experience it and who won't. There are, however, some common risk factors that seem to make people more susceptible to PTSD.
- Previously experiencing a traumatic event
- History of mental illness
- Lack of social support following the trauma
- Being injured in the course of the event
Diagnosis is made by a qualified mental health practitioner based on a discussion with the person experiencing the symptoms.
You can read more about Understanding, Diagnosing and Treating PTSD here.
|PROVIDER PROFILE: SHANNON MADDEN, LPC|
Shannon Madden, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
Shannon has experience in individual, group, and family counseling utilizing Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Dialectic Behavioral Therapy, and EMDR with soldiers, first responders, and adolescents. She has more than 10 years of experience as a Crisis Counselor working in ERs with people experiencing psychiatric emergencies including suicide attempts, psychosis, and alcohol/drug abuse issues.
- Only Tri-Care provider at Doorways
- Treats PTSD, Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Has worked with the military, fire, and police
- Available to work with military families
Please call our office at (602) 997-2880 for more information about how Shannon can be of benefit to you or a family you know.