It is hard to believe that we are only days away from the calendar flipping over into a new year. As thankful as I am for how much Doorways has been able to help adolescents, young adults and their families during this past year, I am still saddened by the issues I see so many of our teens and young adults face.
This year we have seen:
- continued reports of adolescents and gun violence.
- expanding internet pornography exposure.
- younger and younger kids struggling with eating disorders and going on diets.
- the "normalizing" of recreational marijuana use and more kids using daily.
- continued development of synthetic, dangerous drugs of abuse.
- video gaming "addictions" and social withdrawal.
These issues and challenges our teens face each day are real. As daunting as these issues seem- and are- this is why Doorways exists- to put hope and healing back into the lives of adolescents, young adults, and their families.
As much as I wish we didn't need to deal with these and other disturbing issues, we do. So all of us at Doorways are working hard, striving to expand our expertise and provide more advanced services to our patients and their families in 2014.
For now, we wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a happy start to your New Year
Remember: We are accepting new patients for our Eating Disorders IOP and our OCD IOP. Please click here to find more information or call 602-997-2880.