To participate in our working bees, events and other activities, please visit our Website 'Register' page for membership details. If you prefer Trish is available to discuss and arrange membership. Contact on 49471821
Children are always welcome at WBCG and membership for them is free.
|From Our Members|
"A book I recently read and found interesting was the Chook Book by Jackie French. Heaps of useful tips about chooks and recipes"
"Never fill a pot with soil when potting a plant. Leave a space for watering the soil to avoid washing the soil out of the pot"
"Refurbish your soil before seasonal plantings. Add plenty of organic compost, cow manure etc. Your reward will be healthy, abundant produce"
Newcastle Junior School
"Thank you WBCG for seedling donations and to volunteer Donna who regularly tends the school gardens"
|Seedling Market Stall|
Our seedling stall at Warners Bay Medical Centre attracted many local shoppers today.
We also enjoyed a visit with children and carers from Warners Bay Early Learning and Care Centre. Our gardeners John, Adelle, Rosalie and Michael were on hand to help customers select their seedlings.
Thanks to local businesses, libraries, cafes, schools, pre-schools, childcare centres and The Place who displayed posters and leaflets to promote our stall.
Thank you shoppers and Warners Bay Medical Centre for supporting our local community garden
|Newcastle Junior School|
Garden Update: In winter 2014 WBCG volunteers refurbished the gardens at Newcastle Junior School. Collis dug in cow manure and compost. After the compost settled in we donated vegetable and herb seedlings and organised a working bee to plant the seedlings. WBCG member Donna regularly visits the gardens to weed and plant more seedlings. Leanne from the school provides TLC and enjoys helping the children learn about the veggies and harvest the abundant produce.
- Dorothy is planting strawberry runners to donate to our market stalls.
- John has gathered quotes on materials for our garden beds at Bunya Park.
- Michael mowed the area between the swale and the sediment fence at Bunya Park.
- Grahame is watering and tending our bush tucker seedlings at the greenhouse.
- John mowed the grass at our greenhouse site.
- Janice, Adelle, John and Trish distributed posters and leaflets for our seedling stall.
- Adelle, Rosalie, Michael John and Trish ran a seedling stall at Warners Bay Medical Centre.
- Children and carers from Warners Bay Early Learning and Care Centre visited our market stall.
- Barbara assisted with a newsletter item.
- Paul, Trudy, Grahame, Helen, David, Ian, Michael, Jane, Wendy, Adelle, Bianca, Rebekah and John have been watering the swale and native grasses since October 2014.
- Milk bottles for recycling as seedling pots have been donated by Gabby's Family Day Care Centre, Dorothy and friends, Patricia, Tony, Stephanie, Neta and Michael and Adelle.
Thank you to those who have given their time to keep things ticking over during the Christmas/school holiday break.
Amaranth, Asparagus Pea/Winged bean, Beans (Climbing - Pole & Runner), Beans (Dwarf - French & Bush), Beetroot, Broccoli, Burdock/Gobo, Cape Gooseberry, Capsicum, Carrot, Chilli peppers, Chives, Cucumber, Eggplant, Leeks, Lettuce, Mustard greens, Okra, Onion, Oregano, Parsley, Pumpkin, Radish, Rosella, Salsify, Silverbeet/Swiss Chard, Squash, Sunflower, Swedes, Turnip, Zucchini
For more planting advice see:
Note: Newcastle on the border of the temperate and subtropical regions and as such, local weather conditions may need to be factored when deciding what to plant. This planting advice provided here is as per gardenate.com subtropical region only. If you have a specific question regarding to planting, please feel free to post it to our Facebook page.
Coffee Morning Tea
Date: Monday 9th February 2015
Venue: Lee Rowan's Cafe
Address: 381 Hillsborough Road Warners Bay
Members, Friends, New Volunteers welcome. Compost Bays & Garden Beds
Date: To be confirmed
Time: To be confirmed
Venue: WBCG, Bunya Park
Address: Cherry Road, Eleebana
If you'd like any more information on the activities of the Warners Bay Community Garden please feel free to call or email us. Click here for contact details
Warners Bay Community Garden Inc.
|Coming Events Coffee Morning
Mon 9th Feb, 10:30am
Compost & Garden
Lee Rowan's Cafe
381 Hillsborough Road
Working BeesDates & Times TBCWBCG, Bunya Park