FRIDAY, AUGUST 16th, 2013 at Pippi's at the Point, corner of The Esplanade and Main Road, Speers Point from 6.30 - 9PM. Limited seating so get in quick.
ENTRY is Adults $10, Concession $5, Families $25 and there will be a Kids Corner with face painting, drawing and more. It'll be a great night of fun and games, opportunities to donate to a good cause plus a chance for more of us to meet each other and you don't even have to be a gardener to join in!
To BOOK contact Trish or John
via our Contact Us
PRIZES DONATED by LOCAL BUSINESSES
- The Mosh Pit - Cardiff - wonderful quirky items $50 value
- Mac's Home Timber & Hardware -W Bay - garden goods $50 value
- Lee Rowan's Gardenworld - W Bay + $100 gift voucher - also heaps of seeds for the garden
- BBK Hair & Beauty - W Bay make-up $240
- Magnolia Gallery - W Bay - 6 mugs
- Travino's Cafe Kitchen - W Bay - $30 gift voucher
- Bella beans - $25 gift voucher
- Habitat in Harmony BNC -Belmont plants $20 + Facebook exposure
- The Mens Shed BNC - Belmont - recycled timber wine rack - priceless
- East Coast Meats - W Bay - $20 gift voucher
- Scented Sykes - Variety of products including candles, car fresheners, body oils
- Suzanne - Wine and chocolates, 3 packs of organic seeds and a small fun solar item.
- Kiki Massage - 10% discount vouchers, about 10 of them
Wine from Eagle Vale Estate, Margaret River WA, Whispering Lake Merlot 2005 $35,Whispering Lake Cab Sauv 2004 $35, and Premium Semillon Sauv Blanc $19.
Oz Spectrum - One Dozen Wines
Meg's Bliss Balls - One Dozen Bliss Balls - value $30
WBCG will run a Seedling Stall on Friday, 9th August 2013 at Warners Bay Village Shopping Centre - 32 John Street Warners Bay 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Our organic vegetable and herb seedlings available include mignonette lettuce, rocket, Vietnamese mint, coriander, sunflowers, pyrethrum, oregano, lemon grass, pineapple sage, watermelon, strawberry plants, rosemary, thyme, sage, and comfrey.
FREE LEMON GRASS to stall customers until stocks run out. Thank you WBCG member Anne for the lemon grass.
Our regular public meeting this Sunday will be preceded by our Annual General Meeting.
Date: Sunday 4th August, 2-4PM
Location: Lions Club Hall Sweet Street, Warners Bay
Planting Veg & Herbs This Month
Asparagus, Basil, Beans, Beetroot, Cabbage, Capsicum, Carrot, Celeriac, Celery, Chilli peppers, Chinese cabbage, Chives, Collards, Coriander, Cucumber , Daikon, Dill , Eggplant, Fennel, Globe artichokes, Jerusalem Artichokes, Kohlrabi , Leeks , Lettuce, Luffa, Marrow , Mint, Mustard greens, NZ Spinach, Okra, Onion, Oregano, Parsnip , Potato , Pumpkin , Radish, Rocket, Rockmelon, Sage, Silverbeet, Spring onions, Squash, Sunflower , Sweet corn, Tomatillo,Tomato,Turnip, Watermelon, Zucchini.
For more planting advice see :
Note: Newcastle on the border of the temperate and subtropical regions and as such, local weather conditions may need to be factored when deciding what to plant. This planting advice provided here is as per gardenate.com subtropical region only. If you have a specific question regarding to planting, please feel free to post it to our Facebook page.
Warners Bay Community Garden Inc.
Fri 9th Aug, 9am-5pm Warners Bay Village
Sun 7th July, 2pm-4pm
Lions Club Hall,
Sweet Street Warners Bay