What to Do if Your Lights Go Out
1. Check your electric meter. If there are numbers in the display, you have power to the meter. Check your breaker box or fuse panel for tripped breakers or blown fuses.
2. If your power is out, call (503) 397-1844 to report it.
3. Turn on a front porch light. This helps our crews confirm when your power is restored.
4. During cold weather outages, turn off all electric heaters, water heaters, and cooking equipment. When power is restored, turn them back on one at a time, in 15-minute intervals. This step helps prevent overloading of the electric system when power is restored, which can cause more outages.
5. Unplug sensitive electronic equipment such as computers, TVs and stereos to prevent damage from voltage surges or spikes when power is restored.