Now that the dust has settled on the first round of Connect for Health Colorado enrollments into Medicaid and the Marketplace, we'll have a facilitated brainstorming session
on what's working and what is not and what we can do to ensure residents are able to access health insurance. See attached flyer. Please attend and participate in exploring how we can do better with enrollments. Getting uninsured people covered through the Affordable Care Act is critical. The latest census estimates show almost 50% of the residents in many parts of NW Aurora uninsured, and 20 to 30% in other parts of Aurora.
At the meeting, we'll also have an opportunity for community announcements and we'll update the membership on our most recent governance happenings!
Here's a full agenda:
1. Welcome, Agenda Review Rich McLean, Together Colorado
2. Community Partner Updates Rich
3. Executive Updates Mariana Ledezma, Center for Public Health Practice
5. Presentation on University Hospital's Jeff Thompson and Rich McLean
Community Needs Assessment Report
6. KidsWell Project Nancy Freed, Deputy City Manager
6. Brainstorming Session on Community Rich
7. Evaluation and Close Rich
We hope to see you there!
Rich McLean, Chair of AHA