Convener Minnesota Chapter
Read More >
I am Kevin Anderson, the Convener for the Minnesota Chapter of Illuman. I have been fortunate to be in this role...
Convener and Wisdom Elder
In this issue learn more about:
- Bringing your wife/significant other to our November conference (Nov. 7 - 9, 2014)
- Want to return to an MROP? Learn about the Initiator Program.
- Watch a short, inspiring video.
- Our new website is up!
- Register for our upcoming conference
- Upcoming MROPs
And don't forget to check out our Elder Profile and Reflection features.
1. "What About My Wife/Girlfriend/Partner?"
The women in our lives provide important support for us on the spiritual journey. Yet there are times when men need time together in the absence of women to talk about our spiritual lives. Therefore, our upcoming conference is open to men only, although women are welcome to come along and enjoy the location and amenities of the conference venue. This exclusion from the conference is not, of course, because we disrespect women. Instead, we want to include women in a way that feels thoughtful and helpful. In an informal session on Saturday afternoon, Fr. Richard will speak with all women who are accompanying men to the conference. There is no need to register for this event.
2. Want to Return to an MROP?
The Initiator Program provides men who have already attended an MROP with an opportunity to participate as an 'Initiator' at the Illinois MROP. This is a chance to both do some personal work and support the men who are being initiated. For further information, please email email@example.com.
3. 5 Minutes!
Yes, that's all the time it will take to watch this video of Damien Faughnan speaking about his passion for our work. Damien is President of the Illuman Board of Directors.
4. New Website
We are pleased to announce that our new website is live! Click here to visit our new website
, and please share it with all your friends!
5. Illuman Conference 2014 - Register Now.
|Click here to register for our conference
Save The Date:
November 7-9, 2014
The Hyatt Regency Tamaya
Bernalillo, New Mexico
To book your hotel at discounted rates, please click here.
Being a Generative Man: Water in the Desert
- Moving beyond Stagnation: Men Coming Alive
- Learning the Way of Council: Listening to all the Voices
- Energizing the Next Generation: Old and Young Men Together
- The Fourfold Path: Recognizing, Awakening, Nurturing, and Claiming
Speakers include (L to R):
Belden Lane, backpacker, storyteller, and writer in spirituality (Author of The Solace of Fierce Landscapes and forthcoming "Backpacking with the Saints")
Adrian Scott, British poet from Sheffield, England (Author of The Call of the Unwritten and Arriving in Magic)
Fr. Richard Rohr O.F.M., founder of Men as Learners and Elders (Author of Adam's Return, Soul Brothers, From Wild Men to Wise Men, and On The Threshold of Transformation)
For further information about the conference please visit Illuman.org
6. Upcoming Men's Rites of Passage for 2014
Are you interested in attending an MROP, or do you know someone who wishes to attend? Here's our 2014 schedule:
- July 23-27, 2014 - Perth, Scotland
- August 6-10, 2014 - Princeton, Illinois
For contact information, click here.
WE ARE ILLUMAN:
"WITHOUT US GOD WILL NOT.
BUT WITHOUT GOD, WE CAN NOT."
Fr. Richard Rohr