Veterans Center Dedication
You are cordially invited to attend the
dedication of the Veterans Center
Tuesday, March 24
Seymour Chapel at the Assemblies of God
Reception immediately following
In the rare event that classes are cancelled due to severe winter weather, we will attempt to communicate the information as quickly and broadly as possible.
Local television and radio stations will be notified (please look for Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, not Evangel University). The Student Life office will send out an email to students, faculty, and staff, the automated recording on the phone line will be updated, and the status will be posted to the website.
For school closure information, please tune in to local news outlets, check your email, visit www.agts.edu, or call (417) 268-1000.
|Spiritual Formation Requirement
- New and returning students should make an
appointment with Dr. Jay Taylor for their Spiritual Formation meeting.
- Please contact Kate Alsup in the Student Services office to schedule an appointment: (417) 268-1081 or email@example.com
2015 Society for Pentecostal Studies Annual Meeting
- March 12-14
- Hosted by Southeastern University in Lakeland, Florida
- Meeting theme: "Global Spirit: Pentecostals and the World"
- Opening plenary session begins March 12, at 7:00 p.m., and is open to the public.
- Registration is required for all other SPS sessions.
- For further information, visit www.sps-usa.org
- Executive Director: Lois Olena
- Presenters from AGTS:
- Dr. Deborah Gill, "Spiritual Adventuring: Journeying Deeper into the Presence of God"
- Paul Lewis, "The Importance of Divine Healing in Christian Mission: The Church in the Book of Acts and the Growth of Majority World Christianity as Examples" and "'God,' 'The Trinity' and 'The Spirit' among the First Millennium Christians of Tang China: A Translation, Contextual, and Theological Analysis"
- DeLonn Rance, chair, "Historical Aspects of Pentecostal Mission and Intercultural Engagement"
Attention M.A. Intercultural Ministries Graduates
- Comprehensive examinations will be Monday, March 9.
- Contact the Faculty Secretary, Deb Gehris, if you have any questions.
Note These Special Courses for Summer
June 1-5: Anthropology and Communication in Theological Perspective with Dr. Anita Koeshall
2015 Summer Institute of Islamic Studies
June 29-July 2 (Monday through Thursday):
- 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.: Engaging Islam with Dr. Mark Hausfeld
- 1:00-5:00 p.m.: Church Planting in the Muslim Context with Dr. Dick Brogden
July 6-10 (Monday through Friday):
- 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.: Folk Islam and Power Encounter with Dr. Don McCurry
- 1:00-5:00 p.m.: Christian-Muslim Theological Issues with Dr. Jim Bennett
| Registrar's News
Summer/Fall Registration Begins March 2
New Address, Phone Number, or Personal Email Address?
AGTS needs your current address, telephone number, and personal email address for our records. Please update your contact information on the Student Portal
- Be sure to check your AGTS email account regularly to ensure that you are receiving all notifications from AGTS.
| Business News
Deferred Payment Dates
- Deferred payments for the spring semester are due on or before March 15.
- Payments must be received in the Business Office on or before these dates in order to avoid a $25 per month "Late Payment Fee."
Daylight Savings Time
- Daylight Savings Time begins on Sunday, March 8.
- Be sure to turn your clocks one hour ahead.
- Summer loan application priority deadline is March 1, and final deadline is April 10. Forms are available on the Student Portal.
- 2015-16 FAFSA priority deadline is March 1. FAFSA available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Loan refund checks for the Spring term will be available 6 weeks after the drop/add period.
- AGTS Student Financial Services is located in the EU Riggs Administration building.
- For questions regarding Financial Aid, please contact Amanda Teel, 417-865-2815, ext. 7512.
Monday-Friday.................................9:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. Saturday.........................................10:00 am - 6:00 p.m.
New Books on the Shelf
Drs. Johan Mostert, Melody Palm, Deborah Gill, and Charlie Self
March 17: Will host and speak at the second of six regional launches of the AGTS Discipleship Network at the Heritage Foundation in Washington, D.C. Future launches will take place in Seattle, Chicago, Dallas/Ft. Worth, and Sacramento.
Dr. Deborah Gill
March 20-21: Will present a paper, "Leaning into a Spirit-filled Life of Ceaseless Prayer through Lectio Divina," at the Holy Spirit in Christian Formation Conference, Regent University, Virginia
Dr. Charlie Self
March 10-11: Will be consulting on Discipleship and Leadership with Messenger Fellowship, Nashville, Tennessee
March 12-14: Participating in the AGTS Discipleship Network and Discipleship Dynamics Dinner and Reception at SPS, Lakeland, Florida
March 15: Preaching at Victory Christian Center, Yorktown, Virginia (Pastor James Bolds)
March 23-26: Will teach at Trinity Bible College, Ellendale, North Dakota
March 30-April 3: Will teach an AGTS course at Continental Theological Seminary, Brussels, Belgium
Dr. Paul Lewis
March 1: Will speak at Pierce Chapel Assembly of God, Jacksonville, Texas
March 22: Will speak at Hilltop Assembly of God, Boyd, Texas
Published an essay, "The Church of the East in the Tang Dynasty (635-908 CE): A Theological Assessment," in Children of the Calling: Essays in Honor of Stanley M. Burgess and Ruth V. Burgess, edited by Eric N. Newberg and Lois E. Olena, 111-132
Posted the International Journal of Pentecostal Missiology, Vol. 3, for which he is editor, on the theme "Pentecostal Women in Missions"
Dr. Delonn Rance
March 2-6: Will participate in a Ministerial Education Dialog for AG Latin American Educators, Panama City, Panama
March 20-24: Will participate in Missionary Formation Dialog for Latin America and the Caribbean, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania