Lotus Cuisine of India Receives Bay Area Green Business Award
Lotus Cuisine of India received the Bay Area Green Business Award at the April 29, 2014 Marin County Board of Supervisors meeting. The green business seal of certification was accepted by Lotus owners Surinder Sroa and his wife Linda.
The Bay Area Green Business Program is a member of the California Green Business Program which distinguishes small businesses that protect, preserve and sustain our environment.
The Bay Area Green Business Program partners with local environmental agencies and utilities to assist, offers incentives, and verify that participating businesses conserve energy and water, minimize waste, prevent pollution, and shrink their carbon footprints.
The Lotus Cuisine Indian Restaurant in San Rafael meets the environmental standards officially recognized by the Bay Area Green Business Program. Some of the environmental management practices implemented by Lotus in recent years are:
- State-of-the-art energy-efficient kitchen with environmentally friendly "Energy Star" appliances
- Water Conservation
- Energy efficient lighting
- Switch to using organic and non GMO ingredients
- Sponsoring and supporting local and global green organizations. These include: San Rafael Clean, Bioneers Conference, Marin Organic, Earth Day Marin and Marin Green Drinks
- Member of Marin Clean Energy's (MCE) Deep Green Program providing Lotus with 100% renewable energy
- Offer discount to encourage customers to bring their own containers for take out and leftovers
For more details see www.maringreenbusiness.org
Recommend Lotus to AAA
Do you know a restaurant serving delicious spicy foods? We think you do!
You can email AAA Via Magazine at email@example.com
They will send you $25 if they quote you.
Hint: there are three Lotus restaurants in Marin County that serve spicy Indian food!
CAFE LOTUS Wins Best of Marin 2014! Cafe Lotus in Fairfax was voted Best Indian Restaurant in this year's BEST OF MARIN reader poll.
Thank you for showing your support and voting our Indian restaurant to the top of the polls once again. We are thrilled!
|Jyoti Sroa and Amba Sroa posing in Film Noir style for the|
Pacific Sun Best of Marin award
We look forward to welcome you at one of our establishments again soon!
Surinder "Pal" Sroa
Lotus Cuisine of India
704 Fourth Street Phone: (415) 456-5808
San Rafael, CA 94901 Fax: (415) 456-5874
Lotus Chaat & Spices
1559 Fourth Street Phone: (415) 454-6887
Cafe Lotus Fairfax
1912 Sir Francis Drake Boulevard Phone: (415) 457-7836
Fairfax, CA 94930 Fax: (415) 457-7946
Please note: We are not associated with any other Indian Restaurants.