|Oregon State University Extension Service and Oregon Master Gardeners™ invite you to the 2017 International Conference of Master Gardeners, July 10 - 14. We're planning an exciting conference at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon. The schedule for the conference includes an array of gardening sessions, tours, a mini-film festival, regional mixers to network with other Master Gardeners, and a trade show.
The Oregon Convention Center is the only venue that can accommodate the anticipated 1,200 participants. In order to serve the most delegates while keeping registration fee low, we sought help from generous friends and supporters.
To date, we have been able to secure thirty-five gifts to help offset the cost of putting on the 2017 IMGC.
Leading the pack as Platinum sponsors ($10,000 - $24,999) are Ball Horticulture, OMGA, and Clackamas County Master Gardener Association. We are most grateful for their leadership gifts! Joining these sponsors are five Gold sponsors ($5,000 - $9,999), sixteen Silver sponsors ($1,000 - $4,999), four Green sponsors ($500 - $999), and seven Friends ($100 - $499).
ors bring needed funds and more. For example, Timber Press, a Gold sponsor, has offered their authors as speakers. We are thrilled to have six of them speaking on a wide range of topics:
- Dan Hinkley -- "The Forgotten Elements of Good Design: Texture, Movement and Fragrance"
- Linda Beutler -- "A World of Clematis"
- John Fisher -- "Gardening Projects for Kids: 101 Ways to Get Kids Outside, Get Dirty and Having Fun"
- Thomas Rainer -- "Where Ecology Meets Horticulture: Designing Plant Communities" and "Creating and Managing a Plant Community: Creative Approaches to Site Preparation, Installation and Maintenance"
- Lee Reich -- "Weedless Gardening" and "Multi-Dimensional Vegetable Gardening"
- Mark Turner -- "Photographing Your Garden through New Eyes"
Gardens photos in this issue are provided by Bob Hyland, a garden designer and husband of Timber Press publisher Andrew Beckman.
Key dates for the 2017 IMGC:
Early Bird registration: October 10, 2016 through January 13, 2017
Hotel code release: October 10, 2016
for three conference hotels within a 10-minute walk.